Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Training while traveling ... help!

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hi,

I am relatively new to cycling and I have set my first goal on completing so centuries this year. I have been training 5 days a week and I have really built up my strength and endurance but I have to travel for work and I cannot bring a bike. If fact I won't be able to run either. I am going to be in a very remote area in Kenya for 3-4 weeks. I will not be able to run due to wildlife and unfortunately as woman who will be alone and I don't think it is a safe option.

I really don't want to loose all of the work I have put in. Does anyone have any suggestions about how to try and maintain my fitness level without a bike or the ability to run?

Thanks,

Jessie

Jump rope?

If it helps, you won't loose all your fitness in 3-4 weeks time. If it were me, I'd go to Kenya and forget about the bike for a few weeks. It'll be there when you get back. Do you practice yoga or pilates? You could do that while there.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Pushups, situps, dips, mountain climbers, jump rope, jumping onto things...

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Strength training stuff...core stuff...abs, situps, pushups, lunges, squats, anything you can do in your room without equipment. You'll come home strong!

Then again, how often do you get to go to Kenya? Enjoy it, don't stress on the exercising, if it happens great if not you'll have a goal when you get home.

Have fun!
    2001 Cannondale R500 <3
    2011 Specialized Ruby Elite Apex
    2021 Tangential Speedarama

You can do quite a lot of exercises just with your body weight and a jump rope. Exercises like Burpies, Squats, Planks, Push ups, Butt kicks, Supermans ... packed into a circle-training or HIIT can be evil and will give you a nice workout that you can do everywhere.