Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Ski Season is around the corner!!!

To disable ads, please log-in.

I bought my season pass today! Yes, it's a little early to be thinking about snow, but I'm starting to think about it anyway. I'm praying the Tahoe resorts have a good snow year and that we're on the slopes by Thanksgiving.

Today while riding my bike up a looooong steep yucky hill, I was thinking about the muscles I'm building and how awesome I'm going to be on skis this year

By the way, in case anyone is interested, Sierra At Tahoe has a $199 season pass that's good Sunday through Friday with some holiday black-out dates. It's an incredible deal considering a one-day lift ticket is at least $69!

Quote Originally Posted by RolliePollie View Post
    I'm praying the Tahoe resorts have a good snow year and that we're on the slopes by Thanksgiving.
    I'm not religious but I will join you in this prayer.

Last year we were lucky (sort of, it was an unlucky situation that turned out well) to end up in Reno on President's Day weekend of the gigantic snow dump. Mt. Rose was joyful! Heavenly was heavenly! But apparently it took till Feb to get decent conditions? BOO! Early snow up there please!

Yeah, I can't wait. I have been off my bike for quite a while due to various injuries. I hope to do a lot of hiking to get my legs ready for some Tele!!

I was just talking to a friend today about getting psyched for cross country skiing. I don't downhill much anymore, but each year I get a season pass at the Tahoe Donner Cross Country Center. Maybe *crossed fingers* I'll be able to do the Great Race this year.

Here's another vote/prayer/plea for good snow this year.

Yes. Local snow that arrives on a Tuesday or Thursday night or weekend, so I don't have to drive in it... snow that stays nicely on the trail at Great Brook Farm or my local conservation trail for at least a couple of days without getting icy or melting.

Then, snow leaving by March 5th, so I have 3 months to train on the road for my trip to Spain!

The mountains have been getting some snow!! Some resorts will be opened this weekend, it will be a little while yet until I can hit the back-country..I hope by the first part of December.

Talking Colorado is open!

Colorado opened for skiing today with Loveland being the 1st in the nation.

A-Basin opens Friday.

Time to get out the rock skis

The earliest we can ever hope to hit the slopes here in WI is around Thanksgiving ... and that would be on very limited snow (with man-made help). Even so my season pass is purchased and ready to go too.

If not for snowboarding I would find very little to look forward to during the long, cold midwestern winters.

Think Snow, Think Snow, storm is on the horizon........Boreal just opened....snow,snow,snow....

I'm skiing A-Basin tomorrow and Tues.

soooo how was it??

Quote Originally Posted by solobiker View Post
    soooo how was it??
    Awesome! Lift line about 5 min., snow was really good, saw 1 rock all day, skiers and boarders weren't that crazy. Everyone was friendly and happy.

Talked to a guy who skied Loveland that morning and he said no one was there so he took a couple of runs at the basin and went back to Loveland.

We are going back tomorrow before going home, expect fewer skiers as today was Columbus day.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1st Ski Day 2009 006.jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	181.6 KB 
ID:	10230  

Sounds like you had a great time and the weather looked great. Can't wait until I can get out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathi View Post
    Awesome! Lift line about 5 min., snow was really good, saw 1 rock all day, skiers and boarders weren't that crazy. Everyone was friendly and happy.

Talked to a guy who skied Loveland that morning and he said no one was there so he took a couple of runs at the basin and went back to Loveland.

We are going back tomorrow before going home, expect fewer skiers as today was Columbus day.
    I am so jealous!!! I'm glad you had a good time! I'm hoping my local resort is open by Thanksgiving, although you never know around here. We have had a couple decent storms already, so maybe that's a good sign. We need a good snow year not only for skiing, but also because CA always seems to be running low on water.