Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Hybrid View

23rd Great Ohio Bike Adventure

Has anyone ridden this? I do not how how I got on the mailing list, but it looks quite interesting. Don't know if I will be able to swing the registration fee, nor if I would be able to take off the week it is held, but it looks like it could be quite fun I think my LHT would love this ride - and 50 miles a day wouldn't be overly much...

I've never done it, but I know a lot of people who have, and most years at least some of the route is over roads I'm familiar with. It's supposed to be a super good time.

I'm not sure what the route will be this year. Sometimes they can make it pretty challenging - but 50 miles even of the tougher stuff is plenty manageable.

Let me know if you're going to ride it!

(COP also puts on XOBA, a similar but smaller tour later in the year.)
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

It claims in the information that it will be a flatter route than last year I did have the thought that there are hillier parts of Ohio than where this is held. I will certainly say something if it turns out I can swing it. I would like to say yes right now, but the Gunnar is really changing my budget until I bring her home It sounds like the perfect pace for my cushy tank otherwise known as Ms. Explorer!

Hummmmm... this is VERY interesting. Sounds like a neat ride. I don't have nearly the miles or experience (nor the time off) to undertake something like this quite yet, but I lived in Marion (parents still live there) for quite a few years and traveled around the area (Delaware/Kenton/Bellefontaine) when I lived back home.

Marion area is QUITE flat, but it does get a little hillier as you had south toward Delaware... I never bicycled around the area, but there is a nice little bike shop called Rocky's Cyclery.

If you go, make sure to post pics and a trip report!!

Shannon
    Starbucks.. did someone say Starbucks?!?!
    http://www.cincylights.com

I am pretty sure that I will be able to take off the time - we will have to see about the entry fee...but it is quite an attractive idea. I had thought about doing RAGBRAI this year - but I think that it is too early for that. This would be a good introduction to that type of event, then perhaps in 2012 I can make Iowa.

RAIN is also attractive this year, but I will have to see how my body feels as I build my mileage base back up. At least I am not starting at the same point I did last spring

That looks like fun! I don't know if I could do 50 miles a day just yet, though.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...