Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cravings...

cravings

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Rock View Post
    Dasiy-thanks for the offer. I actually had some PB the other day and I don't think my body knew what to do with it. Of course, there is the nutella on the shelf too but that is for "special occasions". I was amazed how much I prefer the greek yogurt. It is lighter and not as heavy, which is nice. I guess I need to go for more bike rides or serious hikes. Then the PB will get eaten for sure. I could make PB cookies too. Those are really good. Those are great anytime.

Red Rock
    yumm- peanut butter oatmeal raisin and pecan cookies.
    marni
    Katy, Texas
    Trek Madone 6.5- "Red"
    Trek Pilot 5.2- " Bebe"

"easily outrun by a chihuahua."

OMG, Marni, my son, the one who is now a Marine did a similar thing when he was a senior in HS, when we lived in Boxborough. He ripped off his shirt and got our exchange student to do the same thing. Then, they answered the door to the "pitch," and said, "How can we help you?" Those guys went running.
    It was pretty funny to see two, half naked skinny cyclists doing this.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

I will eat way too much peanut butter if I allow myself to. I sometimes crave it when I want something salty.

During college where it was cafeteria, all you can eat style ice cream, cakes, and cookies, I would eat a banana with peanut butter as a desert instead. Then I just tried to limit my pb intake to only if I had a banana to eat it with.

I occassionally have it on toast now for late night snacks or breakfast when I'm out of cereal and eggs.

However, trader joes has a great choice of natural pb that is very cheap too! I'm so happy I have a trader joes here now.

... I forget who mentioned the changing of the astrological signs... but I thought that was only for those born after 2009?

I get cycle-related cravings. You know how there are all those things that "they" tell you not to eat preceding your period, salt and caffeine chief among them? I nearly always get salty snack food, latte, or dessert cravings.
    I woke up the other day and had a random near-craving for corn dogs. I haven't had a corn dog since elementary school. Maybe I was missing nitrites from my diet. (I ignored it, thankfully.)

Funsize, I do something similar with PB--I spread it on apple slices.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

If you crave peanut butter eat it, just don't eat the whole jar. My pineapple upsidedown birthday cake is callin my name, I think ill have a slice. Too bad I don't have any nutella I love that stuff on waffles,with marshmallow fluff. I'm a girl I give in to my cravings once in awhile and I don't care about guilt.
    I like bikes, sometimes more than my husband

So now we have the "Peanut Butter and Missionaries" Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    ...I just point to the mezuzzah and say,"If you see one of these, you probably are not going to make a sale."
    A naked toddler splashing around in the homebrew pot works pretty well too.
    Each day is a gift, that's why it is called the present.

I had a teacher in high school who got the knock on the door when he first moved to Ohio. He invited them in, asked if they wanted anything to drink, etc, then proceeded to tell them his views on life. They never bothered him again!

My dad just told them "We're Catholic."
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

My dad did similar, Owlie. He spent two years in divinity school and has maintained a lifelong interest in theology and church history. He'd invite them in and debate Scripture until their heads exploded.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Wink freaking out certain people

OMG, Marni, my son, the one who is now a Marine did a similar thing when he was a senior in HS, when we lived in Boxborough. He ripped off his shirt and got our exchange student to do the same thing. Then, they answered the door to the "pitch," and said, "How can we help you?" Those guys went running.
    It was pretty funny to see two, half naked skinny cyclists doing this.
    We lived in Acton! Our sons may have actually known each other and/or gone to school together. My son Richard Harang graduated in 1996. My favorite picture of him is him out in the snow barefoot in full jiu jitsu outfit wielding his katana doing a whirling sort leaping jump, mid air with his waist length hair flying out all around his head .
    marni
    Katy, Texas
    Trek Madone 6.5- "Red"
    Trek Pilot 5.2- " Bebe"

"easily outrun by a chihuahua."

Quote Originally Posted by malkin View Post
    So now we have the "Peanut Butter and Missionaries" Thread!.....
    Speaking of cravings, on the BF women's forum we have the following threads:

"The Food Thread"
    "The Chocolate Thread"
    "The S*x thread" (not really about what it sounds like, but the title is great)

That just about covers it
    Last edited by Catrin; 01-25-2011 at 01:25 AM.

Marni, your son is about 5 years older than my oldest and 7 years older than the one who went to the door half naked... but we probably have some mutual acquaintences.
    Of course the people in Concord think I am weird becaue I lived in Boxborough. Gee, when my neighbors ask me why I don't get involved in town activities, I just say, "I only moved 9 miles... didn't have to change anything in my life."
    But our kids both graduated from the best high school around!
    Last edited by Crankin; 01-25-2011 at 07:06 AM.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

back to the original topic ...

A recent conference of "nutrition scientists, dietitians, doctors, chefs and food service titans" was asked to pledge never again to use the term "low-fat,"

by Dr. Ronald Krauss, a senior scientist and the director of atherosclerosis research at Children's Hospital Oakland Research Institute. Krauss was echoed by another eminent cardiologist and epidemiologist, Dr. Dariush Mozaffarian, who co-directs the program in cardiovascular epidemiology at Brigham and Women's Hospital and Harvard Medical School and is an assistant professor at the Harvard School of Public Health. Both of these doctors have been involved in numerous studies measuring the effects of dietary habits on cardiovascular health and disease. They and many of their colleagues have found little evidence that low-fat diets are any better for health than moderate or high-fat diets.

"No randomized trial looking at weight change has shown that people did better on a low-fat diet," Mozaffarian told us, and there have been dozens of them. "For many people, low-fat diets are even worse than moderate or high-fat diets because they're often high in carbohydrates from rapidly digested foods such as white flour, white rice, potatoes, refined snacks and sugary drinks." They are also often dangerously high in sodium, as salt is often added to processed foods (along with sugar and starch) to compensate for the lack of flavor from fats.

"The only time I use the term 'low-fat' is when I'm telling people not to use the term 'low-fat,' " Krauss proclaimed. "The term should be banned from our vocabulary, along with 'fatty.' " In stigmatizing the concept of fat, we are giving many healthy foods a bad reputation, foods like avocados, nuts, plant oils (olive, canola, soybean, walnut and other nut oils) and many types of fish.
    http://zesterdaily.com/health/801-sa...bye-to-low-fat
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

I would have to agree with everything quoted above. For years (at least 20) I ate a very low fat diet and hardly any protein. That was fine when I taught 6-7 aerobics classes a week and I was 33. It caught up to me. It took a long time to figure out I needed less carbs and more protein and good fats.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

I would have to agree with everything quoted above. For years (at least 20) I ate a very low fat diet and hardly any protein. That was fine when I taught 6-7 aerobics classes a week and I was 33. It caught up to me. It took a long time to figure out I needed less carbs and more protein and good fats.
    That is what did it for me and how I've managed to loose 55 pounds in a little over a year. Low fat, high protein and moderate carbs. I try to use as little processed food as possible and no white rice/flour/bread at all. 'course, all of that riding last year helped a lot too