Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Midwestern TE Gathering

To disable ads, please log-in.

I've been thinking about my earlier suggestion that we meet at Brown County State Park and participate in an event based in that area. After thinking and considering further, I would like to suggest three possibilities. I will be taking part in all three of them, and I know of several TE members who are planning on riding in at least one or two of them. Only one of these are based in Brown County State Park, but all are in areas where there is either a state park close by for those who might like to camp, or a selection of hotels are close.

Nothing says that the same event would need to be chosen by everyone, there is a spring event, the Mtn Bike Clinic is in mid-summer, and the Hope Ride is in September. The two rides support local charities - the Hope Ride benefit the food banks of several small towns, and the Harmony Hundred is a fundraiser for a school.

In no specific order:

Harmony Hundred April 30 and May 1 Routes for Saturday and Sunday available here

Midwestern Women's Mountain Bike Clinic
    June 11/12

Hope Ride Dates not yet announced, normally held in September

I thought that perhaps the Harmonie Hundred might be easier for people to make instead of the Horsey Hundred - so many have Memorial Day weekend plans each year, and this is an earlier ride. I've been told that the routes are typically not difficult to ride - which makes it perfect for this early in the season.

If you are interested in attending any of these events please post to this thread so those attending can plan to meet up!

I'm toying with the idea of the MTB clinic.

A September date would probably work for me too, depending on exactly when.

Probably not the Harmony.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Catrin, I had totally not kept up with your other thread from a couple weeks ago and I apologize.

I am going to plan on the Harmonie Hundred.....the other two rides will be during triathlon season and I will be into that. The Harmonie is a great ride and I've always enjoyed it. I don't know if we will do both days though. Either way we can meet up and ride together. Maybe you will have your Gunnar by then

Luna Eclipse/Selle Italia Lady
    Surly Pacer/Terry Butterfly
    Quintana Roo Cd01/Koobi Stratus
    1981 Schwinn Le Tour Tourist
    Jamis Coda Femme

Quote Originally Posted by Bike Chick View Post
    Catrin, I had totally not kept up with your other thread from a couple weeks ago and I apologize.

I am going to plan on the Harmonie Hundred.....the other two rides will be during triathlon season and I will be into that. The Harmonie is a great ride and I've always enjoyed it. I don't know if we will do both days though. Either way we can meet up and ride together. Maybe you will have your Gunnar by then
    It is in the realm of possibility that I will have my Gunnar by then, I suspect it will be later in May before I can bring her home, we will see. I won't do both days of the Harmonie but I will certainly coordinate with you - would love to ride with you If nothing else I will be there with my cushy tank otherwise known as Ms. Explorer

We will coordinate as the time gets closer. That's pretty close to the beginning of tri season but I'll plan to to keep that weekend open. Let's plan on it and keep our fingers crossed that it all works out. It doesn't matter which day, Catrin. I can do either.

Luna Eclipse/Selle Italia Lady
    Surly Pacer/Terry Butterfly
    Quintana Roo Cd01/Koobi Stratus
    1981 Schwinn Le Tour Tourist
    Jamis Coda Femme

Quote Originally Posted by Bike Chick View Post
    We will coordinate as the time gets closer. That's pretty close to the beginning of tri season but I'll plan to to keep that weekend open. Let's plan on it and keep our fingers crossed that it all works out. It doesn't matter which day, Catrin. I can do either.

Sounds awesome, hoping it works out!