Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Bike FL

Bike FL

To disable ads, please log-in.

Is anyone in the SE region thinking of riding Bike FL this year? If so, please contact me. Thanks.

Kathy
    Specialized Ruby/Selle Italia Flow
    1991 Specialized Sirrus, steel frame
    Dahon Eco C7
    Surly Long Haul Trucker/Terry Fly RS
    Trident TWIG Recumbent

Hi Sheila,

I've never ridden Bike FL but rode Bike VA last year and really enjoyed it. It's a good time of people gathering together who love the same thing - riding and visiting new places.

From what I gather, registration occurs Saturday and Sunday but there are local rides taking place those days. I don't understand, though, what the Gainesville Getaway 2-day tour is all about except that weeklong participants are included. Here's a link for FAQs: http://www.bikeflorida.org/bf2011/2011faq.php

The actual ride (a loop) begins on Monday and ends on Friday. Breakfast and dinner are extra if you want to purchase them through the organization. At Bike VA they gave us lunch and I bought my own breakfast and dinner. I would purchase my own meals again; I remember that people weren't too happy with the meals that Bike VA provided, especially the breakfast.

I need something to look forward to in the near future AND that it's taking place in a warm climate. Let me know your thoughts. Feel free to send me an email, if you'd prefer.

Kathy
    Specialized Ruby/Selle Italia Flow
    1991 Specialized Sirrus, steel frame
    Dahon Eco C7
    Surly Long Haul Trucker/Terry Fly RS
    Trident TWIG Recumbent