Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

January/February weight loss challenge

To disable ads, please log-in.

Welcome to 2011, the year of my getting serious (or so I keep telling myself).

Let me know
    (1) if you want to join in
    (2) what your weight is on Friday the 7th of January (or whatever day works best for you)
    (3) what your goal weight is for 25 February - if you want to, if you don't want to set a goal like that, then no worries.

I'll post the link to the chart later in the week.

We'll do another 7-week chart to accommodate the short month.

I'm in! Last challenge I slacked. I'm alright with that, I needed a break. But I'm ready to tackle these last 10-15 lbs.

I am in, last challenge I went backwards However I understand why. By Feb 25 I want to be back to 130.

I'm in. My goal for these 2 months is 8#.
    2011 Specialized Secteur Elite Comp
    2006 Trek 7100

I'm in, too.

Current weight as of this morning: 233.4

Goal for end of February: 220

Thank you, Possegal!

Roxy
    Getting in touch with my inner try-athlete.

I'm in again and my goal again is 122lbs. I'm starting at 127 due to eating my way into the new year.
    Vertically challenged, but expanding my horizons.

I am in for another try...why not right?? I am starting at 153 with a goal of 145. Good luck everyone.

I'm in. And thanks so much for doing this. Current weight 170.+. Short term goal 160's. Long term goal 130's.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

I'm in. Happy New Year everybody! My weight today is 141.4 and my goal for this challenge is 139.
    Karen

2009 Cannondale Quick 4 Hybrid
    2010 Periwinkle Trek Madone 4.7 WSD, Bontrager Affinity 2 WSD Saddle
    2012 Co-Motion "Speedster" Tandem with Lady Selle Italia Saddle and thud-buster

lesko.tumblr.com

Keep me on the list. I am going to try to back down to 112....
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

I'm in. Time to really and truly change the way I eat and shop. I can't keep buying healthy food for me and junk for for kids. I eat the junk, it's just not working. I have to change the way the entire family eats. I guess it's time to lay down the law with the DH.

Thank you Posse Gal.

I'd like to join in. I kept myself mostly on-track through the holidays (lost 8 lbs. between Thanksgiving and NYE), but could probably use some extra accountability.

I'm starting at 226. I'd like to be at 215 by the end of February.
    2009 BMC Road Racer SL 01 / Specialized Ruby 155
    2007 LeMond Reno / Luna Chix Team Saddle
    1980-something Lotus Odyssey / Brooks Finesse
    1992 Bridgestone RB-2 / Brooks B-17 Imperial
    Nada Bike singlespeed / Brooks Team Pro in white

Okay, I've never done anything like this before but what the heck, it's time to start!

I'm in. Currently 180 with an ideal weight of 145, but it's been heading in the wrong direction of late, so I'll be happy just to see any improvement by the end of february!

L
    Last edited by woohoo; 01-03-2011 at 02:20 PM.

I'm having a hard time deciding what a good goal is for me? I am seriously debating purchasing a scale with a BMI function on it to help me with this. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow for a physical just to start the year off right and see how the ole bod is doing. I would like to get down to an ideal weight what ever that may be. I tried weighing at the gym the other day and the scale wasn't working right, it kept hanging. It told me I weighed 165 which only puts me 10 lbs below my heaviest weight to date of 175 when I was wearing a size 16-18. So I really hope that scale was wrong, now I wear a size 10 which is pretty small for me and I'm a tad over 5'7. May talk to my doctor tomorrow about a good goal to shoot for.

Quote Originally Posted by WindingRoad View Post
    I'm having a hard time deciding what a good goal is for me? I am seriously debating purchasing a scale with a BMI function on it to help me with this. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow for a physical just to start the year off right and see how the ole bod is doing. I would like to get down to an ideal weight what ever that may be. I tried weighing at the gym the other day and the scale wasn't working right, it kept hanging. It told me I weighed 165 which only puts me 10 lbs below my heaviest weight to date of 175 when I was wearing a size 16-18. So I really hope that scale was wrong, now I wear a size 10 which is pretty small for me and I'm a tad over 5'7. May talk to my doctor tomorrow about a good goal to shoot for.
    My goal has been 23% body fat. I am about 24% now. I do have a scale with a body fat function and I like it, but it fluctuates with how hydrated I am.
    Karen

2009 Cannondale Quick 4 Hybrid
    2010 Periwinkle Trek Madone 4.7 WSD, Bontrager Affinity 2 WSD Saddle
    2012 Co-Motion "Speedster" Tandem with Lady Selle Italia Saddle and thud-buster

lesko.tumblr.com