Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Ugh-- 133.2 today for me. Moving in the wrong direction... But I spent yesterday at the funeral of a great-uncle; 7 hours in the car plus a lot of good food with the extended family.

Next week will be better!

Still the same, 179. No training or exercise this week since I had the flu, so I'm okay with it

Well done everyone who really tried hard this week

230.2 - yay!

It's all relative, people.
    Getting in touch with my inner try-athlete.

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    I weighed in this morning at my WW meeting: 165.6 (I started at 171 on December 10th).

Sad news at my meeting tho, I learned that my meeting leader died on Tuesday of a massive stroke. She was only 56. I only knew her for 5 weeks, but I sure did like her A LOT! She had an amazing energy and motivated me so much. I'm so sad for her and for all my fellow meeting-goers that have known her for quite some time.
    Each day is a gift. This is a somber reminder, but a good reminder that all this weight we are losing is making us healthier and giving us another day to live.
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

Hi, pokey-jane here. I was 139 on Friday.

I must have changed a setting or something. I used to get email notices when this thread has new posts and I have been getting them lately. Did they change the system or did I somehow change it myself?

196# on Friday. Yippeeeeeee. So far 30# loss - I started September 28th at 226. 25# more to go............
    2011 Specialized Secteur Elite Comp
    2006 Trek 7100

Congratulations! You are doing great Nancy!
    Karen

2009 Cannondale Quick 4 Hybrid
    2010 Periwinkle Trek Madone 4.7 WSD, Bontrager Affinity 2 WSD Saddle
    2012 Co-Motion "Speedster" Tandem with Lady Selle Italia Saddle and thud-buster

lesko.tumblr.com

I'm not weighing in this week I tried it was really bad. I will post a weight on friday. thanks for all your kindness and patience Possegal.

I'm not in the forums challenge this time period, but I thought I'd share this anyway.

I have 2 girlfriends with whom I am doing a 10 pound weight loss challenge. Each of us has been kind of stuck over the past few months, and we needed something different to motivate us. Clearly the "carrot" of looking better and fitting better in our skinny jeans wasn't working, so we decided to try the "stick" method.

To wit:

For every 1 pound we FAIL to lose, we have to make an equivalent contribution to a charity that we do NOT support (we each chose our own disliked charity). That would suck. AND, if we fail to lose, but instead GAIN any weight, we will additionally have to make a contribution to the presidential campaign of a certain person whom none of us want to see become president.

It's remarkable how well this is working for all three of us!

Needless to say, should any of us fail, we decided we will make our contributions in small unmarked bills so that the contributions can not be tracked back to us.

(BTW, I'm down 4 pounds in 20 days, with 40 days left to lose the last 6.)
    Susan Otcenas
    TeamEstrogen.com
    See our newest cycling jerseys
    1-877-310-4592

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Otcenas View Post
    I'm not in the forums challenge this time period, but I thought I'd share this anyway.

I have 2 girlfriends with whom I am doing a 10 pound weight loss challenge. Each of us has been kind of stuck over the past few months, and we needed something different to motivate us. Clearly the "carrot" of looking better and fitting better in our skinny jeans wasn't working, so we decided to try the "stick" method.

To wit:

For every 1 pound we FAIL to lose, we have to make an equivalent contribution to a charity that we do NOT support (we each chose our own disliked charity). That would suck. AND, if we fail to lose, but instead GAIN any weight, we will additionally have to make a contribution to the presidential campaign of a certain person whom none of us want to see become president.

It's remarkable how well this is working for all three of us!

Needless to say, should any of us fail, we decided we will make our contributions in small unmarked bills so that the contributions can not be tracked back to us.

(BTW, I'm down 4 pounds in 20 days, with 40 days left to lose the last 6.)

Good job!

Are you guys using Stickk.com or are you going by the honor system?
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

LMAO!!! Susan that is AWESOME!!!

Okay I haven't had the nerve to weigh in again. I'm nervous b/c I've been lifting weights pretty regular over the last couple of weeks not to mention I'm waiting for my bloat weight to go away.

133.2 this morning

I'm not weighing in today. I have a race tomorrow morning and I find its better if I don't get on the scale the week prior. It lets me focus more on nutrition and proper fuel rather than the number on the scale.

Back again next week.

2009 BMC Road Racer SL 01 / Specialized Ruby 155
    2007 LeMond Reno / Luna Chix Team Saddle
    1980-something Lotus Odyssey / Brooks Finesse
    1992 Bridgestone RB-2 / Brooks B-17 Imperial
    Nada Bike singlespeed / Brooks Team Pro in white