Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile BLOGGS................fantastic!

To disable ads, please log-in.

Over the last few months, I have often clicked on the various Blogg's that some of you have provided links for, absolutely super, each one is so very different but I have had a lot of pleasure from reading them. The comments sometimes so funny and the photos of various pets and animals, plus bikes, so much time must have been put into producing these Bloggs.

Thank you for sharing them.

Oh yes, just thought I would chuck this one in, currently listening to Annie Lennox - God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen..........awesome!
    Clock

Orange Clockwork - Limited Edition 1998

‘Enjoy your victories of each day'

As someone who blogs, I think it's nice you took the time and energy to say you have enjoyed reading some of the blogs that TE members do and I just wanted to say so.

P.S. I'm a fan of Annie Lennox and I love God Rest ye Merry Gentlemen.. it is awesome.
    "It is never too late to be what you might have been."

http://www.loveofbikes.com

Yup, I most definitely enjoyed your Blogg too.

BTW did you know Annie Lennox has received an OBE in the New Year Honours List for her work fighting AIDS and poverty in Africa, that's one cool lady.

Back to Bloggs, just discovered that if you use an iphone there is a free 'App' available called Blog Booster, so you can Blog as you walk.

Happy Blogging and cycling too.
    Clock

Orange Clockwork - Limited Edition 1998

‘Enjoy your victories of each day'

I just started a blog this year, and I think the initial lack of feedback can be very discouraging. It's nice to hear some kind words and to slowly watch my number of views increase.
    Girl meets bike. Bike leads girl to a life of grime: http://mudandmanoloscycling.com/

Bluebug, I know what you mean - blogging is often like talking to yourself...

ClockworkOrange, thanks for visiting my blog and the complement, I appreciate both.

I have an Android phone, god help me if they have an app that lets me blog and walk. Right now I do this, FB, emails, Angry Birds on the trainer. Once I get my new Real Rides dvds I'll be sweating and suffering too much to do anything else while I'm spinning.

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    I occasionally get a kick of how some people land on one's own blog and they end up on a cycling-related blog without planning it...especially when the blog has a few non-cycling topics.

I'm certain someone in Germany how...I could end up burbling away about dampfnudel (a German dumpling) on my blog..and I'm not German. No, I haven't looked around for a German blog that talks about Chinese cuisine.

Through blogging I've have had the benefit of meeting handful of interesting folks, where we have contributed an article, etc. and we cite one another. In writing an article about local bike art, I stumbled upon a local artist (and I think he's a planner) and book author, who is also a cyclist. He contributes photos of outdoor bike art that he occasionally sees locally. The benefit for him,...is that I credit him in his blog and link to his book....on Vancouver outdoor public art.

You'll see more 1-2 blog posts soon on new stuff..
    Last edited by shootingstar; 01-05-2011 at 03:30 AM.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

Quote Originally Posted by bluebug32 View Post
    I just started a blog this year, and I think the initial lack of feedback can be very discouraging. It's nice to hear some kind words and to slowly watch my number of views increase.
    Bluebug, yours was one of the blogs that actually inspired me to start blogging. I love your title and the Jersey post in particular. I do apologise for not commenting to say so, it took me a while to get round to setting up IDs and so on. I don't worry too much about the numbers, whilst it's brilliant to see the numbers going up, and wonderful to receive encouraging comments, I do it mainly so that I have a record of these years at home without a job, and to keep my mind organised and active.

And thank you Clock!
    Dawes Cambridge Mixte, Specialized Hardrock, Specialized Vita.

mixedbabygreens My blog, which really isn't all about the bike.

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by hebe View Post
    I don't worry too much about the numbers, whilst it's brilliant to see the numbers going up, and wonderful to receive encouraging comments, I do it mainly so that I have a record of these years at home without a job, and to keep my mind organised and active.

And thank you Clock!
    Since blogging is the open Internet, this is why for myself, I haven't spent much time writing rants. So easy for employers to search for one's blogs if any.

With experienced bloggers, is to learn the etiquette...which is reciprocal commenting on each other's blogs if you like the other's blogs, especially with similar/shared interests.

By the way, I appreciate people's feedback on the polls so far.

Receiving a comment these days on blogs is worthy especially when there are other distractions like Twitter, FB.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

help

I was wandering around some of our TE'er blogs the other day & didn't save one that interested me...

If you're the sewer that makes cool little wallets n drink mats, can you post here please... I had an eye on a few items

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by shootingstar View Post
    Since blogging is the open Internet, this is why for myself, I haven't spent much time writing rants. So easy for employers to search for one's blogs if any.

With experienced bloggers, is to learn the etiquette...which is reciprocal commenting on each other's blogs if you like the other's blogs, especially with similar/shared interests.

By the way, I appreciate people's feedback on the polls so far.

Receiving a comment these days on blogs is worthy especially when there are other distractions like Twitter, FB.
    I never even looked for feedback, I figured I was talking to myself (well I don't type much, mostly post photos). I just looked, I have a few followers and a few people have commented, that actually made my day. Guess I need to comment on some of the blogs I check in on now and again!
    I like to see the blogs in folks signatures here, I often randomly click and read.
    now I'll comment some.
    I think my employer has better things to do than check in on my blog! and I work for the gov't indirectly.
    My photoblog
    http://dragons-fly-peacefully.blogspot.com/
    Bacchetta Giro (recumbent commuter)
    Bacchetta Corsa (recumbent "fast" bike)
    Greespeed X3 (recumbent "just for fun" trike)
    Strada Velomobile
    I will never buy another bike!

I started a blog to display my artwork. I'm not sure which works better, Facebook or the Blog though.
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

Quote Originally Posted by Biciclista View Post
    I started a blog to display my artwork. I'm not sure which works better, Facebook or the Blog though.
    Since mine is photography, I think the same thing. But, the quality on FB isn't great. Still friends are more "chatty" and the FB thing means more feedback.
    Also, yours is a blog I've looked at off/on - and I honestly forget! I love your watercolors, and since my mom is an artist I can appreciate your chosen media. My mom is also not good at people, which you capture terrifically. Things friends post on FB remind me not to forget to check out their stuff!
    FB is also quicker and briefer, You write more on your blog, I assume.
    Last edited by TsPoet; 01-06-2011 at 07:29 AM.
    My photoblog
    http://dragons-fly-peacefully.blogspot.com/
    Bacchetta Giro (recumbent commuter)
    Bacchetta Corsa (recumbent "fast" bike)
    Greespeed X3 (recumbent "just for fun" trike)
    Strada Velomobile
    I will never buy another bike!

Tspoet and Bicyclista, both of your blogs blow me away. Amazing talent, both of you.
    Dawes Cambridge Mixte, Specialized Hardrock, Specialized Vita.

mixedbabygreens My blog, which really isn't all about the bike.

Quote Originally Posted by TsPoet View Post
    Since mine is photography, I think the same thing. But, the quality on FB isn't great. Still friends are more "chatty" and the FB thing means more feedback.
    Also, yours is a blog I've looked at off/on - and I honestly forget! I love your watercolors, and since my mom is an artist I can appreciate your chosen media. My mom is also not good at people, which you capture terrifically. Things friends post on FB remind me not to forget to check out their stuff!
    FB is also quicker and briefer, You write more on your blog, I assume.
    TsPoet, your photos are exquisite, just beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by hebe View Post
    tspoet and bicyclista, both of your blogs blow me away. Amazing talent, both of you.
    +1