Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

To disable ads, please log-in.

Sorry I missed this!

Looking forward to seeing the photos and meeting up in spring
    ------------------
    Cervélo S1 2010

Had a great time in London! Thank you to Rebecca for planning such a great route and for guiding us through London traffic and thank you to both Rebecca and Pamela for great company! I highly recommend meeting up with them for a UK TE group ride!

I did take some photos, though not very great ones I'm afraid. I've loaded them on Flicr. Hopefully it works and you can find them all here:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/6896694...7627834035899/

when is the next ride?!! and Where??!!
    Specialized Tricross Sport / Specialized Lithia 143

I love the picture of the three of you! You look so cool, and happy

Wish I'd been there, maybe I can make it next time.
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett

Gorgeous photos! You make London look so quiet and accessible. What fantastic blue skies too.
    Dawes Cambridge Mixte, Specialized Hardrock, Specialized Vita.

mixedbabygreens My blog, which really isn't all about the bike.

I had a great time on Saturday and saw bits of the city that I'd never seen before even though I've lived here for years. Thanks again to Rebecca for organising it and also to Eli for spending ten hours on a train to come and see us

I have just spent a lovely time looking at the photos of the three of you, nice one Eli.

So disappointed I could not be there, still unwell, concerned that the Aspergillosis is returning.

Anyway, superb photos of London, even the Thames looked inviting.

So pleased you all enjoyed yourselves.
    Clock

Orange Clockwork - Limited Edition 1998

‘Enjoy your victories of each day'

Hope you're better soon, Clock.

It was a really lovely day - perfect weather, excellent company, and the route worked.

Really hope more of you will be able to make it next time, whenever and wherever Meet Up II takes place.
    Rebecca

Riley - custom 2014 Enigma Etape
    Bridget - 2010 Surly Cross Check
    Lorelei - 1979 Puch Princess mixte
    Astrid - 2014 Viking Bromley singlespeed mixte
    Lucy - bespoke 2012 Brompton S1L

Visit my blog: velovoice.blogspot.co.uk

I've just noticed that my birthday next year falls on a Sunday. Would anyone be up for a meet on the weekend of the 17th March, perhaps to Cambridge or Canterbury? Leamington Spa is also jumping out at me although I've no idea what's there

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
    I've just noticed that my birthday next year falls on a Sunday. Would anyone be up for a meet on the weekend of the 17th March, perhaps to Cambridge or Canterbury? Leamington Spa is also jumping out at me although I've no idea what's there
    I'd love to... except that date is earmarked for THIS: http://cyclelondoncity.blogspot.com/...-saturday.html.
    (Because London cyclists have had it "up to here" with Transport for London for setting cyclists up to die on its roads! TFL's appalling road designs have resulted in "squishy cyclists' bodies serving as traffic calming measures" - no joke!)

As for other weekend options for a 2012 TE meet up - I've ear-marked July for a trip home to Oregon to see my family, and I may do a London-to-John O'Groats ride in June and/or a Barcelona-to-Nice trip in September. Other than that, the diary's clear!

Cambridge and Canterbury are both wonderful ideas. I've never been to Canterbury but I've taken my bike with me the last couple of times I've been to Cambridge (once for a work conference and once to go to a concert) and found it both a lovely place to visit and an absolute delight to cycle in.
    Rebecca

Vanilla - I'd be up for something around March time. Hopefully I'd be able to make it this time around! The locations you suggested sound nice too!

Rebecca - Sounds like you've got some great cycling planned - I'm jealous!
    ------------------
    Cervélo S1 2010

Don't know what my schedule looks like for next year, but a cycle meet-up would be great. Cambridge is lovely. Never been to Canebury but would love to go threre some time. I'm up for anything, just need to plan well ahead and maybe book somewhere to stay. Travelling there and back on the same day made for a very long da
    Specialized Tricross Sport / Specialized Lithia 143

It must be time for another meet...

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
    It must be time for another meet...
    Oh my god, it is!!

Anyone up for a day ride meet-up this year?

I've moved away from London but not by much - Bedfordshire. I'd be very happy to host(ess) again! Could arrange a lovely country loop starting and ending at Luton Airport Parkway train station. It's a bit hilly round here but more of the roller variety, nothing brutal. And I could make the route anything from 10 miles to 40-50+, whatever the group wants.

There are more and more cycle-friendly cafes round here as well, which gives me lots of choice for routes.

I'm trying to get fit enough for a cycle tour in Scotland in June, so would welcome any opportunity for a social weekend ride!

The queue starts HERE.
    Rebecca

I seem to be going to Wales on a business trip in May. I don't get to set the schedule, but with a little luck I may have a few hours off here or there. Anyone around, just in case?
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett