Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Spin Class Goodness

To disable ads, please log-in.

Thought I'd start a thread where you can post about how much your last spin class rocked.

My spin class last night was so great that it ended with a class sing-along to "You've Lost that Lovin' Feelin'." That was pretty awesome.

Fun class

Perfect time for this thread! Last night I took a disco spin class. We did it in the dark (well, almost dark), and the instructor distributed those bendable glow stick things to wear as necklaces, bracelets, halos, or whatever. And she put a few disco songs in the playlist.

It's not something I would want to do EVERY time, but it was a fun change of pace.
    Bork Bork, Hork Hork!!

Quote Originally Posted by Adventure Girl View Post
    and the instructor distributed those bendable glow stick things to wear as necklaces, bracelets, halos, or whatever. A
    That could be fun around the ankles!
    For 3 days, I get to part of a thousand other journeys.

My cycle class last night ended with me again being grateful that there are two doctors in class, just because it was that hard, and it was nice to know they were on hand.
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

Not a spin class per se, but I went to an indoor trainer group ride last night. It was snowing and icing outside so there were only 7 of us. We watched a video of crashes in big road races. It was horrifying, but entertaining enough that I didn't realize that an hour had passed while I was doing stand up intervals and one legged pedaling intervals with rest in between.

Quote Originally Posted by MCAP View Post
    \We watched a video of crashes in big road races.
    Wow, nutty! I suppose the distraction would be good, but wow.

I always thought it would be cool if they could project video of cool places to ride on the walls during class.

I teach Spinning year round and I love this time of year from an instructor perspective (too cold/icy to ride outside). Attendance naturally goes up... more people generally = more energy = more fun.

We ended with Lady Gaga "Bad Romance". Every time we heard the word "romance" we were to sit or stand. Now, I hate this song, and it's been stuck in my head ever since. BUT it's such a nice change from the flashbacks & anxiety attacks that I don't mind! Plus it reminds me of spin class and I had a really good time there. I just never thought I would enjoy a spin class, I mean biking without going anywhere? But I'm having a great time. And it's the only time I'm biking, until I can figure out how to ride my own bike without flashbacks & anxiety attacks. I'll miss spin class over the break!
    2009 Trek 7.2FX WSD, brooks Champion Flyer S, commuter bike

Quote Originally Posted by tangentgirl View Post
    Wow, nutty! I suppose the distraction would be good, but wow.

I always thought it would be cool if they could project video of cool places to ride on the walls during class.
    This crossed my mind too!!

Have been going to 5:45 am classes for the past 8 weeks and just love it. The instructors are great and I love the music. I am going to be 60 this month and was afraid I wouldn't be able to keep up. No way. I am doing great and my thighs are getting like rocks.
    It is really addictive.