Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

I saw "midwest" and didn't even read further since I'm in Denver...I used to live in Nashville! Now I want to go

"I never met a donut I didn't like" - Dave Wiens

Quote Originally Posted by WindingRoad View Post
    Is it wise to attempt the mountain bike clinic if you've had a really bad spill on a mb that has made you deathly afraid of it???? Hmmmmm. I'd really like to be able to do some light mb'ing with my boyfriend as he LOVES it, but I'm still terrified.
    Winding Road - I know some of the instructors and they are quite good and very supportive. I think this would be the safest/best way of getting back on the mountain bike. It is totally focused on women - and ya know - sometimes we learn in different ways than men, and sometimes not. All of the instructors are certified, and they just had their own clinic as a refresher.

This is why I am going to the clinic, I figure it is the safest way for me to learn the very basic skills I need and they will be there to help me learn them in the safest possible way. Sure I am nervous about it, but it will be fun!

Go for it - and we can all be scared together
    Last edited by Catrin; 05-19-2011 at 06:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jessmarimba View Post
    I saw "midwest" and didn't even read further since I'm in Denver...I used to live in Nashville! Now I want to go
    Ahem, they do have women coming from other parts of the country AND they have intermediate and advanced training! You can't tell I am really looking forward to this, can you?
    Last edited by Catrin; 05-19-2011 at 06:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    Winding Road - I know some of the instructors and they are quite good and very supportive. I think this would be the safest/best way of getting back on the mountain bike. It is totally focused on women - and ya know - sometimes we learn in different ways than men, and sometimes not. All of the instructors are certified, and they just had their own clinic as a refresher.

This is why I am going to the clinic, I figure it is the safest way for me to learn the very basic skills I need and they will be there to help me learn them in the safest possible way. Sure I am nervous about it, but it will be fun!

Go for it - and we can all be scared together
    I've had a few bad wrecks, and there's nothing like going back to the basics, at a level YOU feel comfortable at ( which might be level one, whatever) to rebuild confidence.
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2
    Pro Mongoose Titanium Singlespeed
    2012 Trek Madone 4.6 Compact SRAM

Can't plan for that soon, and I don't have enough vacation...but maybe next year. I need to find a legit clinic here though.

(Did a little archaeology work in that town (wasn't there long) but it'd be fun to go back someday!)

"I never met a donut I didn't like" - Dave Wiens

OK IndySteel and Catrin I hope I don't die. At least when I wipe out this time I will have friends there to help me out the sticker bushes. I'm planning for it. It's only one day for beginners right?

Quote Originally Posted by jessmarimba View Post
    Can't plan for that soon, and I don't have enough vacation...but maybe next year. I need to find a legit clinic here though.

(Did a little archaeology work in that town (wasn't there long) but it'd be fun to go back someday!)
    There should be lots in Boulder. I think Lunachix does them but I am not sure.
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2

Quote Originally Posted by WindingRoad View Post
    OK IndySteel and Catrin I hope I don't die. At least when I wipe out this time I will have friends there to help me out the sticker bushes. I'm planning for it. It's only one day for beginners right?
    No sticker bushes, they are not allowed

Yes, intro/beginner clinc is only Sunday, but they have cool stuff going on Saturday too! Bike demos, and Campfire Clinics that night - I am going to see what my 51 year old body thinks of tent camping....Figure an air mattress under the sleeping bag will help a lot

Yay, WR!!! DH and I will be camping there Saturday night, so look for us! I think Catrin is, too!
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Hubby, 11yo Kiddo and I will all be there. All newbie MTBers. All registered for clinics love that there's kids and beginner men's sessions too

However, unlike Catrin, I didn't think 51 was the age to take up tent camping. MTBing at 50 and this year zip lines, duathlon and triathlons at 51. but, tents, sorry can't go there. We are in one if the on-site "rustic" cabins, so will be at campfire and other events.
    Kim

Specialized Dolce Sport Compact (roadie)
    Specialized Ariel Sport Disc (commuter)
    Trek GF X-Caliber WSD (mtb)
    "Sally" Schwinn Mesa Runner (steel, old, old stand-by)

My blog - this, that, travel, garden, bikes, fitness, family, whatever

Quote Originally Posted by kimikaw View Post
    Hubby, 11yo Kiddo and I will all be there. All newbie MTBers. All registered for clinics love that there's kids and beginner men's sessions too

However, unlike Catrin, I didn't think 51 was the age to take up tent camping. MTBing at 50 and this year zip lines, duathlon and triathlons at 51. but, tents, sorry can't go there. We are in one if the on-site "rustic" cabins, so will be at campfire and other events.
    That is probably the best call, but I don't have the budget for that So I am going to consider it yet another adventure

jeez how big is this event anyway?
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2

Quote Originally Posted by Irulan View Post
    jeez how big is this event anyway?
    I think it's a pretty sizeable event, although I have nothing to compare it to. There are several different clinics both Saturday and Sunday, with additional demos and programs. It's being held in Indiana's largest (I think) state park and attendees have an area reserved for them for tent camping. The park also has small rustic cabins that you can rent. Jonathan and Tania--the couple who run the clinic under the name Sub 9 Productions--have done a ton for MTBing in the state and are a big reason, through the Hoosier Mountain Bike Association, that the trail system in the area has become a MTB destination. Even as a newb, I appreciate how much we owe to them and the rest of the HMBA.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

We must figure out a way to identify oruselves to each other! I just found out I have a meeting in Indy the Tuesday/Wednesday after the event, so am having the hubby and kiddo drop me off in Indy at airport Monday am before they head back so I can grab a car, and stick around. No sense driving home, when I woulda flown in Monday evening anyway. Like how that worked out.
    Kim

Specialized Dolce Sport Compact (roadie)
    Specialized Ariel Sport Disc (commuter)
    Trek GF X-Caliber WSD (mtb)
    "Sally" Schwinn Mesa Runner (steel, old, old stand-by)

My blog - this, that, travel, garden, bikes, fitness, family, whatever

hmmmm, I can see it now, a special TE scarf! We will start a trend and everyone will want one - TE will have it on a special sale and the whole world will want one by the time of the Clinic...which means we still won't be able to find each other because everyone there will have one Ok, next idea?