Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Darn it you should feel good about it. The intent of the gift is just as warm and meaningful. Your child will likely feel no less joy in receiving it. And as others said earlier - brilliant. Not only is it a utiliarian move in a world of overabundance, you have resolved a problem in a particularly difficult economic time for you. You have maintained the Christmas feeling for your children without hardship on your budget. Now that is something to feel good about. And yes, for those adults who might be offended. Shame on them. I like the idea of shoving eggnog their way.

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    You *absolutely* should feel good about it (in fact, you should feel GREAT)!

Christmas is not supposed to be about who gets the newest/most expensive toys- it's about the joy of giving and receiving. Your kids will absolutely LOVE getting their gifts- and that's what it's all about!!!!
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

I think this is a fantastic idea. We have regifted a few gently used toys to cousins and just recently those same toys were regifted to a new grandma so she had a toy stash at her house. My 9yr old recognized the toys and was happy to know her future cousin was going to enjoy them
    I like bikes, sometimes more than my husband

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    In reading this, it nearly breaks my heart....in ways I can't quite divulge now, but my 3 sisters each with children, having passed along toys amongst each other with each sister with successively younger children as the years go by. Last 25 yrs. since there is a wide age spread in our family.

Some sister's family had a ton of toys. So they didn't bother wrapping up the toys, just given to next set of nieces/nephews/cousins, etc.

So right now the sister with the youngest children has not had to buy hardly any toys. They are over-run with abit too many toys.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know whatís in a personís heart.