Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High Beams?

High Beams?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Ok girls...I know this is a super silly question (actually a little embarrassing), sooooooo...do any of you have a problem with T.H.O (high beams, head lights are on, puppy noses showing, nipplage, etc.)? I do & can't figure out what to wear under my jersey or in my sports bra to cover them up. I only wear an A cup, so it's not like there's much else there to hold up. I usually wear a Nike compression sport bra which works great but not for covering the "headlights". What do you girls do? Or do you even care about that stuff? Does it even matter? I'm so dumb! Thanks in advance for your help!
    I aspire to be...the best I can be...the best I've ever been!

2011 Tarmac SL3 Pro Sram/"La Sombra Blanca"/Specialized Jett

High beams...funny, I have never heard that term for nipplage! But whatever you call it, I've got it, so I can't wear the unlined/unpadded bras at all if I don't want to show the world too much.

I'm sure there are others, but Victoria's Secret makes a really good sports bra with removable pads that keep things very modest. It's called a Shock Absorber. It runs $45 MSRP, but I just got a new one with tags on ebay for $14.95 -- an amazing deal. I had gotten my first one on ebay a year or so ago so kept looking for another in my size and finally found one.

Not a dumb question at all!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Wink headlights showing

back in the day I used to just slap a band aid over each- of course, these days with weight loss and age, they are trying to crawl back into the two fried eggs currently sliding towards my waist so I have pretty much given up caring. I wear champion sports bras color coordinated with my jersey so that if I get really really hot, I can ride unzipped and still look like it's intentional. If they want to stare at the getting skinny old lady on the bike, let em.
    marni
    Katy, Texas
    Trek Madone 6.5- "Red"
    Trek Pilot 5.2- " Bebe"

"easily outrun by a chihuahua."

I mean, really, what's wrong with a little nipple?
    Girl meets bike. Bike leads girl to a life of grime: http://mudandmanoloscycling.com/

That picture never ceases to amaze me...
    I am an A cup (barely) and I now only wear sports bras with the removable pads. Before I get a lot of comments, let's just say that it's mostly for the "nippleage"problem, but it doesn't hurt that it gives me a more proportional look. The best bra I have found is the Handful, found right here: http://www.teamestrogen.com/handful/...3-b100201.html
    There's a couple of other "A/B" brands that have removable pads, too, but most of them are just too compressive for me. My issue is with the sports tops that have the inner bra thing, like the Terry Eurohalter. I love the top, in fact I have 3 of them, but everything shows. I feel like wearing a strapless bra under it!
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    I am an A cup (barely) and I now only wear sports bras with the removable pads. Before I get a lot of comments, let's just say that it's mostly for the "nippleage"problem, but it doesn't hurt that it gives me a more proportional look. The best bra I have found is the Handful, found right here: http://www.teamestrogen.com/handful/...3-b100201.html
    There's a couple of other "A/B" brands that have removable pads, too, but most of them are just too compressive for me. My issue is with the sports tops that have the inner bra thing, like the Terry Eurohalter. I love the top, in fact I have 3 of them, but everything shows. I feel like wearing a strapless bra under it!
    I just looked at that.. how can a stretch bra possibly fit an A and a C? Either it's going to be too compressive on the C boobs, or way too loose on the A. As and A, there's nothing I hate worse that loose cups that don't' provide any support.
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2
    Pro Mongoose Titanium Singlespeed
    2012 Trek Madone 4.6 Compact SRAM

I am a 30dd...I just find a sports bra that works for me and I don't worry about the rest. If they can't handle how normal body parts look is sportswear, its their own problem.
    Mary
    ~Strong and content, I travel the open road.~

http://www.the3day.org/goto/mary.aguirre

I was laughing outloud at some of your responses. LOVE the pic. Ok...I'll just deal with it, but I am going to check out the two sports tops you ladies suggested & see how it goes.

I'm still giggling at the fried eggs moving toward the waist. Thanks for the help!!!!!!
    I aspire to be...the best I can be...the best I've ever been!

2011 Tarmac SL3 Pro Sram/"La Sombra Blanca"/Specialized Jett

I look at the photo and realize why you should never take saddle advice from a guy. How could they possibly have any input?
    Lookit, grasshopper....

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    LOL!!! I was wearing a Terry Eurohalter when I met my now husband. Coincidence? I think not!
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Well, Indy, you make my point. But, overall the Eurohalter covers more skin than most halter type tops and I also can wear them for other activities, like yoga or even running/hiking. The only thing that annoys me is when you put more than one thing in the zip pocket (which is actually quite large), it hangs out below the bottom of the top, when you are riding in the drops at times.
    CC, I think maybe the Handful comes in 2 sizes? Maybe I am wrong. I could see how it might fit a small C, if you took the pads out. The band is very stretchy. I don't feel like it is too big, but it definitely does not feel tight like all of my other sports bras. I have really sensitive, allergic type skin and I always get the red band around where any elastic is, no matter how little there is. The Handful minimizes this as much as possible.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

I like the Eurohalter, too, for it's coverage. It's actually my favorite cycling top. I prefer the fabrics they use that are a print, rather than a solid, because they provide a little distraction.

I'm generally a modest person, but I don't get too concerned about nipplage, at least not during workouts. If they show, they show. It's no big secret that I have breasts with nipples. I otherwise wear a lightly padded bra that keeps me modest in other settings.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

That photo is awesome.

Headlights don't bug me. I look for a workout bra that will keep me from bouncing uncomfortably too much. Padding doesn't really factor into it.

Quote Originally Posted by indysteel View Post
    If they show, they show. It's no big secret that I have breasts with nipples.
    What she said!! And besides, 3/4 of the guys that I ride with have nipplage and don't seem overly concerned about it, LOL!
    Mary
    ~Strong and content, I travel the open road.~

http://www.the3day.org/goto/mary.aguirre

I love the Title 9 "Super Lace" bra (aka Moving Comfort)

The size is slightly off from Natori or DKNY or the size I wear according to Nordstrom (36 DD vs. 38 C) but when you hold the Super Lace up to those bras, they are exactly the same despite the different size designations.

NO help for headlights, I mean NONE, but as a DD, I really find that headlights are not the issue anymore. (once I lose the 50lbs of stress weight I gained, I'll be back in my older padded bras anyway, and it won't matter. Or my CWX, which are the only bras I've ever found that weren't padded AND controlled headlights: http://www.teamestrogen.com/search.e...form-submit=go )

If you prefer to wear bras that are not padded, but have issues with headlights, I strongly suggest getting the CWX bras through Team Estrogen.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson