Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Hybrid View

New York Times tells us what bikers wear

I found this article and photos via Slate's Twitter feed which said "NYT obsessed with fashionable ladies on bicycles." If I see another article like this in the Times, my head will explode.

Photos here and article here.

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    And unfortunately or fortunately, in NYC just like other big centres, there's bound to be the fashion police for every lifestyle trend. If one can call cycling a lifestyle fashion trend.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

Several of them appear to be wrong-way bikers without helmets. Ironically, the NY Post today has a story about a police crackdown on bikers. The crackdown mostly targets pedicabs and commercial bikers, but still.

I'm going to email the Times' public editor complaining of the frivolity of their coverage of cycling. I saw three wrong-way bikers in the very narrow bike lane last night, so I'm in a rare mood for complaining.
    Last edited by PamNY; 11-22-2010 at 07:22 AM.