Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Thanks for the input ladies. My local shop ordered the Fi'zik Vitesse and I tried it on Saturday...I was in more pain after 60 miles than when I finished the IM bike I stopped to adjust the seat position a couple of times, but my crotch, toes and shoulders were barking. Before, I was using Specialized with a cut out...but I think its too wide, which caused sores. I did like the more narrow nose on the Vitesse. I was so frustrated and in so much pain yesterday that I almost threw my bike in the trash! haha I need to get this figured out before I go crazy!

Anyone use a San Marco?

Also, about shaving....I have only a landing strip down there but I think that adds to the pain on longer rides...do you wax or what??? I got waxed down there ONCE...and will not do it again

And JmcG's question is the million dollar question: how do you stay in the aeroposition and sit on your sitbones?

Quote Originally Posted by Star
    Anyone use a San Marco?
    Also, about shaving....I have only a landing strip down there but I think that adds to the pain on longer rides...do you wax or what??? I got waxed down there ONCE...and will not do it again
    And JmcG's question is the million dollar question: how do you stay in the aeroposition and sit on your sitbones?
    Star - I have the Selle San Marco Atola and I like it so far. Im only a newbie though so I have not spent the sort of time you do on this saddle. I do ride in the drops though and have found it to be fine. Another San Marco saddle that has had good reviews here is the Aero.

Good luck with the saddle search. I really can understand your frustration. The Atola is my third saddle the others caused soft tissue pain.
    The most effective way to do it, is to do it.
    Amelia Earhart

2005 Trek 5000 road/Avocet 02 40W
    2006 Colnago C50 road/SSM Atola
    2005 SC Juliana SL mtb/WTB Laser V

Hi Star,, welcome to the boards...

There are quite a few threads and loads of discussion about shaving, waxing or trimming - if you do a search you are bound to find them

The consensus seems to be;

shaving does create ingrown hairs...

waxing and depilatory creams can create ingrown hairs if you are not careful...

trimming (ie, giving yourself a number one over the lips etc) does not create ingrown hairs and yet still avoids long hairs tweaking and pulling...

I use a combination of depilatory cream and trimming.
    Good luck

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying,
    "I will try again tomorrow".