Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

To disable ads, please log-in.

Congrats, Owlie.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmama View Post
    East of the UA are more residential areas. I would check there first. It is within biking distance. There is a bike path (runs East/West) that is a few miles north of the UA and is easily reached using Mountain Ave (which runs north/south) - which is a popular biking street with dedicated biking areas. Mountain Ave feeds right into the heart of the UA. Anyway, taking Mountain Ave north and then turning right (east) you can go about 10 miles and find lots of residential areas.

I live about 6 miles from UA and can bike there faster than taking a car in rush hour. Parking at UA is a premium and expensive. If you have a beater bike with a good U lock, you'll be fine. You can bike almost year round since we don't get much rain. For the really cold or rainy days (three, I think ) the city bus service to UA is good. Our buses also have bike racks on the front.

Let me know how I can help.
    My concern is actually the heat. I suppose the bus works then too.
    Yeah, the parking thing blew my mind. It was $80 a semester for the residential parking garage when I was an undergrad (urban campus, so parking shortage), $120 for a full year where I am now, and then I saw the numbers on the presentation that current students gave. That's...a lot of money. Yeah, biking year-round sounds good.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Try to get really early morning classes...

The good news is that the really hot weather is almost over by September, so you really only have a couple of months (end of Aug., Sept & beginning of Oct.) where the temps can be in the 100's.
    To train a dog, you must be more interesting than dirt.

Trek Project One
    Trek FX 7.4 Hybrid