Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Talking ohhhhh OK!!!!

To disable ads, please log-in.

actually, i keep one in my "spa" drawer in the bathroom, so when i go in for a good soak after a ride, i put that sucker on. i also make a lot of jewelry in my off time, and i wear that too.

but true, there is a tiara for every event. Mardi Gras, taking a bath, vaccuming etc.

i agree with taking the attitude with you all the time.

Thumbs up Girl power! Yeah!

I agree. We must have a little something to prove that "I am a girl and YES I can ride!"

I like to wear PINK as much as possible when I ride. It reminds me that I'm girly... and also all the cute bikers you pass once you are covered in dirt, sweat and mud can still tell you are a girl! (hopefully not too much mud! )

I bought the Precarious PINK "Biker Chick" Jersey off the TE website, and love it, love it, love it! My friends can all pick me out from a crowd, that's for sure. (It was great for the last race I was in.)

And tiara, eh??? That sounds lke something I'd definitely do!
    Last edited by RoxGirl77; 08-01-2003 at 09:42 AM.

Talking Ooooh- The omens turn in my favor....

Well, girls, I've been down with an ice bag on my knee all summer, then yesterday I heard about a new Mt bike club building a trail network in the spillway (big swampy public land) and am feeling reaaly bike interested again.
    Since I've been blowing cash on pink Manolos I can't walk in and tiaras (27! and counting) it's just too funny to find this in my mailbox. I should be wearing pink on the trail too! I am Eloise! I am six! I should be on my bike again!
    Roxgirl, I can't get the tiara on the helmet without compromising its safety, so you get a doll tiara (they make 'em) and use round nose pliers to bend the ends of the headband into hooks. Put it around the headtube, bend very gently to get it to fit, and use a rubber band through the hooks to secure it. You may need to do some fiddling to get it to sit over a head tube badge- I ride an old Zaskar and don't have that encumbrance. A little sponge padding can help.
    You want it removeable to clean it. A dirty tiara is not quite quite.
    They come in doll size, for fat head tubes, and Barbie size, for skinny head tubes. Have fun.
    I also always found that a nice rhinestone necklace, colors are best, really sets off a hard body in spandex. And easier to fool with than the tiara thing. You ban get a cool one on Ebay for a few bucks, and then not sob over losing it in the woods. Sweat wears them out.

missliz

Oh, the "can ride" part- just ride away from them. Nothing puts order in the universe like a blazing show of athletic superiority.

Re: Ooooh- The omens turn in my favor....

Originally posted by missliz
    missliz

Oh, the "can ride" part- just ride away from them. Nothing puts order in the universe like a blazing show of athletic superiority.
    You are so right!! My girlfriend can do that, I am still working up to it. I'd love to blow past guys on uphills with enough energy to say "Hi. Nice day, isn't it?" and all I'd get in reply is grunting!

Well, are you ready to do the boring work?
    Ride drills. Ride intervals. Go on the cement and pedal squares 'till your butt aches (rest the next day! And eat lots of protein, you need it to make hamstrings)). Remember the last four Tours de Lance when he went up the Pyrynees on an elevator by spinning in a high cadence? It's not about the bike, it's all about the spin technique.
    What happened to him this year? He climbed like a fagged out dog. No dance. He was SO lucky Ulrich ate the asphalt.
    Guys will muscle up things because they can. Women have to finesse things, and we tend to be good about training, so it's perfectly possible to blow the fellows away in your dust. I've done it, and the satisfaction is indescribable. Some of those guys wrench at my shop, and boy do I get good service!
    My god, they're playing Marvin Gaye's 12 inch live version of "We're Having A Party" on the radio! Wonders never cease. I thought I had the last copy of it in the world, on vinyl.
    Anyway, I fenced for years, and kicked a lot of men (and women) up and down the gym. Technique, form, conditioning is everything. Gender becomes less of an issue every year in a lot of sports. Women are smaller, lighter, good for the climbs, and we can go get the muscle to do the job.
    Go girl!

missliz