Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Shebeest Winter Bloom Tech Tight

To disable ads, please log-in.

Does anyone have these tights? I am going to call TE and ask a few questions about them, but curious to hear what how others have liked them, or not. I note nothing in the description that indicates thermal properties however...which is why I am going to call them. If they are not warm they are not worth the cost to me. I want something more than a wind-breaker for my legs.

I have the idea that Shebeest chamois is thinner than PI, is this correct?

I would love bib-tights, but am not about to pull the trigger on that price until I see how much I will actually ride in freezing temps.

I do like the PI AmFib tights, they appear to be warm and they have the same chamois that my other PI shorts/bibs have - I know it works for me.

The AmFib tights are more expensive, but I do get cold pretty easily these days without all of that insulation my body used to have... My existing shorts are starting the show the wear from constant use, so it would be good to have tights with a chamois so I can switch things out.

I can't compare the chamois to PI, but I have some shorts with the she-lastic chamois and I don't think it's thin.

Based on the description, it does not sound like they are thermal. But what kind of temps do you want them for? I would think they would be fine for temps in the 40s-50s, at the very least.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

They sound like lightweight tights to me...like ny biker said. On the other hand, I can't wear my Amfibs until it's below freezing....they're that warm.

Quote Originally Posted by Becky View Post
    On the other hand, I can't wear my Amfibs until it's below freezing....they're that warm.
    +1. Did a ride on Sunday that started at 37 degrees, but got into the 40's. No way would the AmFibs work - I would have been melting inside.
    For 3 days, I get to part of a thousand other journeys.

I have a pair of PI shorts - can't remember the model but the chamois has no grooves or anything, just a uniform pad - and some Shebeest SSS. Between the two the Shebeest chamois is not as firm. If you measured them uncompressed, they're probably a similar thickness, but the Shebeest compresses quite a bit more when you sit on them. Really they're both too thick for my taste.

I much prefer tights with no chamois that I can either run in, or wear over cycling shorts.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    I really like my Sugoi tights. They have a thin and warm fleece on the inside. For colder days--in the 30s and below, I have some old Performance tights with a wind panel on the front. They are pretty thick. For very cold days or before and after a cold ride, I pur on a pair of gore-Tex pants over my tights. But since I stopped bike commuting, I don't ride much when it gets that cold.

I find it best to get non-chamois tights and wear shorts under them.they last longer since you don't have to wash them after every ride like you do shorts.

I'm not a fan of the graphics on the Shebeast tights, but that's just personal preference.

I like unpadded tights for the same reason. Plus, when it's really cold, I like to wear two layers on my butt anyway. I also do some winter hiking and running in my tights.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Thanks everyone, it sounds like the AmFib tights are what I am looking for. My leg warmers, which stay up just fine as long as I put them on first and then put my shorts on, are fine for temps >40. I do have some knickers that can go over my leg warmers and shorts if I think the temps won't stay <37-38.

My regular shorts and bib-shorts are starting to show signs of wear/washing so much, and I would like to wear them next spring/early summer, so it is either get the AmFibs, or get another pair of shorts if I get tights w/out a chamois... This might be the most cost effective approach, but will look into it more before pulling the trigger. Temps aren't that low as of yet anyway.

My leg warmers fit me MUCH better this year. My weight is 50 pounds less than last winter - but my thighs are larger so no problem with them staying up