Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Specialized Ruby-New for 2006

To disable ads, please log-in.

I just got off the phone with the Specialized sales representative and the rumors alluded to by MickChick in reply to my other post are true! For 2006, Specialized is introducing the Ruby, which will be an all carbon fiber bike made just for women. MSRP starts at $2200. Information about the Ruby should be posted on the Specialized web site next week. It sounds awesome. They are due to arrive in stores within the next five days. I can't wait to test drive one.

Darn, I forgot to ask about the colors.

Specialized Ruby

I just did some googling and found out that the bike only comes in "carbon" -- basically a black-gray. I guess that they felt they'd leave the paint off to save on weight or something.

http://www.leisurewheels.co.uk/produ...id=m1b3s6p1363

Susie

I'M IN HEAVEN!!!! Thanks KatieBelle!!! Guess where I'll be going this weekend?

Luna Eclipse//Terry B'fly
    Luna Orbit//Sella Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    Bianchi Eros Donna//Terry Falcon
    Seven Alaris//Jett 143
    Terry Isis (Titanium)//Terry B'fly

Quote Originally Posted by Susie
    I just did some googling and found out that the bike only comes in "carbon" -- basically a black-gray. I guess that they felt they'd leave the paint off to save on weight or something.

http://www.leisurewheels.co.uk/produ...id=m1b3s6p1363
    Susie
    I like being able to see the weave of the carbon on bikes, it really is quite beautiful up close.
    The most effective way to do it, is to do it.
    Amelia Earhart

2005 Trek 5000 road/Avocet 02 40W
    2006 Colnago C50 road/SSM Atola
    2005 SC Juliana SL mtb/WTB Laser V

What a beauty! I agree that the weave of the carbon is so beautiful. Sigh.

update

I spoke w/my LBS about the Ruby today. He checked the system and said that it will NOT be available---at least here in the DC metro area---until November or December. Glass half full: it will give me time to set save up to buy it and now, there's something to look forward to!!

Seven Alaris//Jett 143

Well, finally some talk about the Ruby! While I've been an avid reader of the discussion forums this is my first post. I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of a Ruby at my LBS (Princeton Sports in Columbia, Md.). They have ordered a variety of Specialized bikes and are not certain when the Ruby will get there. I did get to see the dealer's 2006 product book - there are 3 versions of the bike. The Pro is the top and is carbon with touches of red. I think the mid level is the Comp and has touches of blue. Can't remember the entry level as I wasn't focused on it. At any rate, can't wait it give it a whirl! Glad to see there are others out there just as excited.

The Specialized dealer LBS here in town is "Ruby Canyon Cycles".

They're gonna love this!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtbabe
    Well, finally some talk about the Ruby! While I've been an avid reader of the discussion forums this is my first post. I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of a Ruby at my LBS (Princeton Sports in Columbia, Md.). They have ordered a variety of Specialized bikes and are not certain when the Ruby will get there. I did get to see the dealer's 2006 product book - there are 3 versions of the bike. The Pro is the top and is carbon with touches of red. I think the mid level is the Comp and has touches of blue. Can't remember the entry level as I wasn't focused on it. At any rate, can't wait it give it a whirl! Glad to see there are others out there just as excited.
    dirtbabe---The guy who sold me my Dolce Comp told me about the Ruby earlier this summer but he thought it was going to be an all-carbon Dolce. I've been telling folks here about an upcoming Specialized all carbon WSD bike since June. So there's been talk about the Ruby, but just under a different "handle." I'll be interested to see just how much they want for the Comp, as the "entry level" model probably will be the one for $2.2K.

Seven Alaris//Jett 143

If memory serves, the Pro was priced around low to mid 4K, the mid level, which my husband thinks is the Expert, is priced at around 3K. The Pro has all Dura Ace with an upgraded frame (ie greater carbon content), the Expert has Ultegra and shares the same frame quality with the entry level. The Ruby will also have a compact crank. I'm interested in the Expert. I have heard very good things about the Dolce and have a Stumpjumper 120 Pro which is just a great bike so I'm figuring the Ruby will be as well.

found info

If you head over to the specialized site and search for Ruby you'll be able to see the specs etc on the Ruby. Couldn't find it on the site through the normal links, i.e. "new for 2006..."

Prices listed were $2200 comp, $2800 expert, $4400 pro. Whoa, do you get an extra set of legs with that? I'm looking at the expert...

Something to look forward to,
    http://www.specializedbikes.com/
    SKM

Thanks for the information. I can't wait to test ride this bike.

JmcG is offline pb&j today and everyday

Mine's on order!

I put down $$ a couple of weeks ago for the Ruby Expert (was considering the Pro, but couldn't bring myself to spend that kind of $$ right now). My LBS says it should be in by mid-late October. The Comp is the "lowest end" (if you can call it that!) with Shimano 105 component group, Expert has full Ultegra, and Pro is the Dura-Ace. All are 10-speed.

I'm so excited to get this bike - I currently ride a 2004 Specialized Dolce Elite, which I love and fits me so well, but I'm ready to upgrade, and since the geometry of the Specialized women's bike fits so well, I decided to stick with them. I'll report back as soon as I get my hands on the bike!!

JmcG - Which store let you pre-order? Spokes? Capitol Hill Bikes? I bought my Dolces (I have the comp and the elite) at those stores and talked to Jay at Spokes about the Ruby. I want to put down my deposit, too!

Seven Alaris//Jett 143

JmcG is offline pb&j today and everyday
    mickchick - I pre-ordered mine from Spokes. I bought my Dolce from them also - I've gotten great service from them - so decided to buy my Ruby from them also. I go to the Belleview shop - and Mark is the sales person I deal with. He'd be happy to order one for you too I'm sure!