Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Work-friendly wool camisole

To disable ads, please log-in.

Anyone have a suggestion for a microweight (140-160g) wool camisole, WITH A SHELF BRA, that looks professional enough (not sporty or long-underwearish) with an unbuttoned silk shirt over it?

Could be a great thing to bike to work in, year-round...

- Mariposa

How non-sporty do you need? What about the SW Sanitas? Is the Ibex Balance too sporty?
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Need personal experience

I guess it's been hard to judge which camisoles might look more "professional" just by examining photos on the Web. I am hoping someone here has one or more shelf-bra camisole in their collection who can take a good look and comment!

The Ibex Woolies camisole looked nice, at least in the photo:

http://www.teamestrogen.com/prodIB_0...um=productLink

...although that one appears not to have a shelf-bra...which I think is a dealbreaker.

- Mariposa

I have a few of the ibex camis with built in shelf bra (the woolies one you linked to definitely doesn't have a built in shelf bra)...

I could wear them to an office, but more with like a cardigan over it - they're pretty form fitting. so I guess it depends on how tight you want this camisole to be?

i have an ibex balance sports top camisole and if i was going to wear as something other than a base layer with a shirt over it i would go up a size because it is pretty tight it is comfortable and fits nice and the bra works well for me but i would not feel comfortable wearing it in an office without something over it.
    Pi - 2010 Luna Orbit / brooks 68 imperial
    Fish - 2009 Marin Bear Valley/ brooks 68
    Trixie - BMX / to be decided

Quote Originally Posted by moonfroggy View Post
    i have an ibex balance sports top camisole and if i was going to wear as something other than a base layer with a shirt over it i would go up a size because it is pretty tight it is comfortable and fits nice and the bra works well for me but i would not feel comfortable wearing it in an office without something over it.
    I usually use a small in an ibex sports bra, but I got the large ibex balance sport top camisole - and even in the large, it's pretty form fitting. It's great and comfortable...

If I have a camisole without a shelf bra (which makes little difference for me in terms of how much "shows"), I just wear a strapless bra under it. It solves the problem.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport