Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

To disable ads, please log-in.

My Dew is the year-round commuter. Planet Bike fenders, Topeak disc-compatible rack. I love the disc brakes when it is icy or slushy. I use Nokian studded tires. I try to get her as clean as possible between rides. We've ridden down to 10-below or so. I only have trouble in deep snow, or on really rutted roads. My light is a L&M Stella 120. I have a different light on order. It hasn't arrived yet. Front & back blinky lights. Lots of reflective tape on the rack and fenders. I'm always a bit sorry when the winter is over. (Less so since I have the new road bike to look forward to, though).

Deb
    2016 Kona Rove ST (M/L 54) WTB Volt
    Camp Stove Green Surly Karate Monkey (M) WTB Volt
    Kona Dew Deluxe (54cm) Brooks B67-S

I did 18 miles on her this morning. The roads were mostly down to wet pavement, with ice islands in places. I discovered going over those is very much like riding over pot holes, of which I'm pretty expert at due to the crappy economy road conditions here. So, no stress. I was the only cyclist out! I was aware of mixed reactions to seeing me. A couple of drivers seemed annoyed (no more than usual), but pedestrians/runners were happy, waving and smiling at me. A few commented as I passed, a couple of hellos, and one "that looks challenging!"

Funny, it was not really challenging, because I was taking it really easy. I did my loop in 1:20, so no record. This was a day I definitely wouldn't have ridden my road bikes, so any speed is faster than zero. Plus, I loved every second of it!

Left the bike out on the porch and brought out a watering can to rinse her off with. Then set her up inside on a microfiber cloth (like a sham-wow!) and lightly wiped her down, that was easy and mess free. My intention of leaving her in the basement has blown out the window. Baby don't go in the basement.
    '02 Eddy Merckx Fuga, Selle An Atomica
    '85 Eddy Merckx Professional, Selle An Atomica

'10 Soma Double Cross DC, Selle An Atomica

Slacker on wheels.

Seeing the icicles hanging off my bike made today's ride seem even better.
    '02 Eddy Merckx Fuga, Selle An Atomica
    '85 Eddy Merckx Professional, Selle An Atomica

'10 Soma Double Cross DC, Selle An Atomica

Slacker on wheels.