Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

looking for places to ride near Waynesville, NC

To disable ads, please log-in.

Road or mountain, we will be traveling there and wonder which bikes to take. I'm pretty sure you can't bike any of the AT, but maybe there are other trails nearby? I'd consider going near Asheville, although we will be staying in Waynesville.

Not all who wander are lost

While I am not from NC, I think if I were going to be that close to the Blue Ridge Parkway, I would absolutely make a point of biking a segment or two of it. I've ridden all 469 miles of the BRP on my motorcycle, twice....have never done it on a bicycle...but it's on my "bucket list" of things to do before I drop dead.
    2012 Seven Axiom SL - Specialized Ruby SL 155

Lots of riding from Waynesville

My best friend is a road cyclist and lives in Waynesville and I live about 45 min away - there is LOTS of GREAT road riding in the Waynesville area - you can go to Asheville if you want as well - but there is no lack of riding it the area you will be in. We have ridden from her house a lot. There are even marks down for the Blue Ridge Breakaway that ran for the first time this year. PM me for more info.

debi
    "Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet - only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired and success achieved" - Helen Keller