Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

In case you weren't already thankful for the TE forum...

To disable ads, please log-in.

You could be trying to post on a forum like this:

http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...-Women-s-forum
    Mary
    ~Strong and content, I travel the open road.~

http://www.the3day.org/goto/mary.aguirre

How do they want me to prove that I'm a woman? Photos? DNA? Ability to withstand graphic discussions about diva cups?

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

all I can say is thank you TE. I hate snarky forums of any kind and will drop out as soon as snarkiness appears.
    marni
    Katy, Texas
    Trek Madone 6.5- "Red"
    Trek Pilot 5.2- " Bebe"

"easily outrun by a chihuahua."

I was on Bike Forums briefly and I'd only posted a couple times when I was invited to join the women's forum (which I did). I guess they try to keep it women only by making it invitation-only, and invite people who claim to be women in their posts. I hadn't specified gender in my profile.

I didn't stay on Bike Forums very long. TE is way cooler.
    2009 Trek 7.2FX WSD, brooks Champion Flyer S, commuter bike

"Metorsexual" is funny.

And the dead chickens, too -- but then I shop in a neighborhood where things like that are common.

I do love TE, but internet snark can be hilarious.

I thought it was funny too...not necessary a place that I would post, but funny to read. Every once in awhile they are serious, but the snark is the norm. Its funny, because my husband likes TE too. He searches it when he is researching stuff and will have me ask stuff.

I thought the chicks pic was funny...but I have that kind of sense of humor. We should all go over there and discuss diva cups and the chaffing of girly bits :-)
    Mary

It is kind of sad that you have to post 50 points until you get to ask the one to women that you probably came to the forum to ask to begin with. Not to say that I don't believe in the screening process, but it's sad that it has to be that extended to "keep the crazies out."

And as someone who has spent the last 12 or so years in male dominated activities/professions...I wouldn't put up with those guys for two seconds, much less 50 posts. It gets old. Thank goodness for TE!! (and thank goodness my SO and his friends aren't like that)

Did anyone with a Bikeforum acct post up a suggestion that the OP should come over and check out TE?
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

I think someone did...kind of...

If you feel you need female input, head on over to the Estrogen Cycle Forum. The ladies there can give you insights we guys can't.
    Mary

Ya think??
    Mary

Who just joined and posted about TE? I posted the link (I use my husband's account)

Oh, its Knotted. Talk about needing coffee. I stared at it for a long time trying to figure out who it was...
    Last edited by abejita; 10-24-2010 at 07:50 AM.
    Mary

I'm kinda glad they got our name wrong oops, too late. There goes the neighborhood
    Last edited by Trek420; 10-24-2010 at 07:48 AM.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Yup, Abejita, can you believe I didn't see the bold part of your post with the quote... not enough coffee! I actually went to that thread and read through it all before I found where he recc'd TE. Sheesh, I guess I *don't* think! (where's the coffee?)

That was me giving better directions. Trek, you'll just have to be pissed at me. More women coming to TE = larger community = more customers for SusanO.

Thanks, Abejita, for posting the link. I didn't even think of it, just gave directions.

COFFEE!!!! I NEED COFFEE!!!!!
    Last edited by KnottedYet; 10-24-2010 at 07:54 AM.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Quote Originally Posted by Trek420 View Post
    I'm kinda glad they got our name wrong oops, too late. There goes the neighborhood
    Men drift through TE all the time. I don't think the men from BikeForums will find TE that interesting, so I don't think the neighborhood will suffer.

Who knows, a few might drift through, and someday in the future if they find a girlfriend they might remember TE and suggest she visit TE so they can start riding together.

I've been a member of bikeforums since it's inception, quit reading and posting a long time ago.

I was surprised to find the women's forum was by invitation. Because I was already a bikeforum member and they knew I was female I was grandfathered in.

I did post about TE and I don't remember any response. This was probably 3-4 years ago.