Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Smile Rebounder/Trampoline....new toy

To disable ads, please log-in.

Almost 7 months since the broken back all is going well, swimming, aqua-gym, gym, yoga, couple of miles on my bike and now I have a new toy!

Only used once or twice, not a mark on it and I got it for £12 ($19)

In the UK we are now heading towards autumn but there will be days I can use this in the garden, otherwise I will bring it into the living room.

BUT I am astonished at how good exercising on one of these rebounders/trampolines can be:

It increases the capacity for breathing.
    It circulates more oxygen to the tissues.
    It helps combat depression.
    It helps normalize your blood pressure.
    It helps prevent cardiovascular disease.
    It increases the activity of the red bone marrow in the production of red blood cells.
    It aids lymphatic circulation, as well as blood flow in the veins of the circulatory system.
    It lowers elevated cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
    It stimulates the metabolism, thereby reducing the likelihood of obesity.
    It tones up the glandular system, especially the thyroid to increase its output.
    It improves coordination throughout the body.
    It promotes increased muscle fiber tone.
    It offers relief from neck and back pains, headaches, and other pain caused by lack of exercise.
    It enhances digestion and elimination processes.
    It allows for easier relaxation and sleep.
    It results in a better mental performance, with sharper learning processes.
    It relieves fatigue and menstrual discomfort for women.
    It minimizes the number of colds, allergies, digestive disturbances, and abdominal problems.
    It tends to slow down aging.

Time will tell but I am quite excited about using it, anybody else use/used one?

Clock
    Clock

Orange Clockwork - Limited Edition 1998

‘Enjoy your victories of each day'

I've never used one for real exercise, but we have several of them at work, because many of the kids with autism love to jump. So, every now and then, I'll have a jump myself.
    Each day is a gift, that's why it is called the present.

Yeah, I tried it when I first started having foot pain 6 years ago (before I bought my first road bike). I thought I could do enough cardio on one to make up for the fact that I couldn't do any impact sports. The problem was, it still hurt my foot and I found it really boring. I even have a bunch of rebounder exercise DVD's. I just couldn't get into it. I know some people who really love it though.

My rebounder and my DVD's are now in the ever growing yardsale pile.
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Woohoo! My new toy is the Reebok balance (stability?) board. But since it's a round one that is unstable in all directions it's much harder than the one at therapy. Still...fun

Enjoy your rebounder!

My rebounder is under my bed. Maybe I'll get it out again and hope using it doesn't adversely affect my Morton's Neuroma.

Smile

I follow the drift from you guys and I realise it is a bit like the excitement a few months back when I bought my exercise bike on ebay but that soon got boring although it helped me mentally.

However, I am one of those people who gets all excited, like a big kid really but also it's the "feel good factor" too, just knowing that at long last I can do something like this and I suppose the words that I still have in the back of mind after my accident, "paralysed and wheelchair", which thank goodness, I have neither.

So, I have got up this morning keen to go bouncing.

I shall reply to my thread in a few months time, wonder if I will be so keen.

kjay
    Maybe you should check with your Doctor first?

jessmarimba All I can say is how well we are both now doing, it takes more than broken backs to keep us two down. Have fun on your new toy too.

Clock
    Clock

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    I can't let this go without commenting. Call me a party pooper, whatever.

Please be safe on your new toy. Don't space out; be sure to concentrate on where you are landing. Don't bounce too high and please don't close your eyes! Those things were very popular in the 80s, and unless they have been improved, they are easy to fall from if you are not super careful.

It's great that you enjoy it. Personally, it's not something I woul do if I were recovering from a broken back. Your little animation in your sig line is cute, but a little too close to the truth.

This is written in kindness. I'm not out to spoil your fun to be malicious.

my PT showed me an exercise to do on them - you hop a couple times, on alternating legs, and then you land on one leg and try to stabilize. S'pposed to strengthen all around your ankles, knees, hips.
    It's a little secret you didn't know about us women. We're all closet Visigoths.

2008 Roy Hinnen O2 - Selle SMP Glider
    2009 Cube Axial WLS - Selle SMP Glider
    2007 Gary Fisher HiFi Plus - Specialized Alias

Yeah Clock, what Tulip said, no loosing your concentration and falling through the floor. You've been hurt bad enough.

That said, have fun! bouncy bouncy
    Beth

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    I can't let this go without commenting. Call me a party pooper, whatever.

Please be safe on your new toy. Don't space out; be sure to concentrate on where you are landing. Don't bounce too high and please don't close your eyes! Those things were very popular in the 80s, and unless they have been improved, they are easy to fall from if you are not super careful.

It's great that you enjoy it. Personally, it's not something I woul do if I were recovering from a broken back. Your little animation in your sig line is cute, but a little too close to the truth.

This is written in kindness. I'm not out to spoil your fun to be malicious.
    This is what I like about this site, the genuineness and care with what is written on the threads.

I totally take on board what you have said and if it wasn't for one of these being at the Back Clinic that I attended at the hospital, I would not have considered it.

Yes Tulip, I am being super careful and thanks for the good advice.

Clock
    Clock

A former roommate had one and I thought it would be fun but in the end I found it rather boring after a few minutes. I like the theory and benefits though.

Good luck and be careful. Also, let us know how it goes and what you think!

Smile

Managed to buy a copy of a DVD on ebay - "PT BOUNCER COMPLETE BODY WORKOUT", perfect for me, just to get an idea of exactly what will help.

I am getting into my rebounder, did 20 minutes last night and am going to try and do that regularly during the evening. Get this, I have found a really good Radio App for my iphone Miasto Muzyki, I think it's Polish but there is a great selection of English stuff on there, if I choose Dance or Party, it's perfect for bouncing to.

Now 7 months since the unstable burst L3 fracture and things are going so well and this morning, I realised I have also lost a stone and that my BP is down to a regular 126/76.

Clock................ ticking everso fast
    Clock