Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cycling Anonymous

To disable ads, please log-in.

My name is Catrin and I am addicted to cycling...I know the signs have been apparent to everyone around me, but I have finally accepted that and all of the symptoms are there:

Great fun and enjoyment when I am on the bike (check)
    Hard to stay off the bike when I have a free moment (check)
    Patting my bike on her tush when I pass by her in the living room (check)
    Very hard to stay off the bike long enough for an injury to heal (well, this is just silly)
    Selling unused electronic toys for bike support (check)

Counting the days until Sunday when I will take my first easy ride in 9 days - and already planning my route Perhaps Saturday, but no earlier. Thankfully they are calling for 30 mph winds on Friday so there is no way that I would try that for an "easy" ride

Hello Catrin.

My name is Roadtrip and I am addicted to cycling...

IS this a BAD thing??

LOL
    Starbucks.. did someone say Starbucks?!?!
    http://www.cincylights.com

Nah, this is one addiction we can CELEBRATE

I'm addicted and I'm not even riding at the moment.

But I can still remember the thrill of a chill brought on by descending in to a low area, and the feeling of adrenaline pushing through my veins. LOVE!
    Alison - mama of 2 (8yo and 6yo)
    2009 Independent Fabrication steel Crown Jewel SE
    1995 trek 800 steel MTV

I, too, am addicted. I haven't been able to ride since my triumphant 100 mile weekend last weekend and it's killing me! Thankfully, husband and I are going out of town tomorrow and taking the bikes along too. Must. Ride. Soon!

I'm in withdrawal at the moment. Between the weather (it's rained nearly every weekend) and this weird hip pain, I've been off the bike for a bit. Hopefully I can get something in over DBF's fall break.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by warneral View Post
    But I can still remember the thrill of a chill brought on by descending in to a low area
    Oh, I love the way that low cool air feels. My old commute before I moved involved crossing a creek and as I FLEW down the hill on hot summer days it would get colder and colder. It wasn't quite as pleasant a sensation on cold winter days but it was still neat to feel the air change as I got closer to the creek. Recently at night I felt it on the gentle slope that passes for a hill around here.
    2009 Trek 7.2FX WSD, brooks Champion Flyer S, commuter bike

I am with you, Melalvai. I love the feeling when I got through a swampy area at dusk. I used to have a route back home that goes through a wetland. It was my favorite part of the night. Down a hill, around a bend and through this swamp. No cars and no worries!
    ***proud Hoosier, statistics nerd, and mom to a headstrong toddler***
    ****one car family and loving it!****

Owned by:
    Le Monstre Vert - 2013 Surly Cross-check
    Chessie, Scottish Terrier
    Bonzai, Catahoula Leopard Dog

Morris Cty, NJ and the Beautiful Jersey Shore
    Catrin...you crack me up! I often get a chuckle from your posts. If you're ever in NJ I'd love to take a ride with you.
    Look Back...Look Ahead...Live Now!

2010 Cannondale Synapse 5 Carbon-fiber road w/ a dbl
    2007 Trek 7.3 hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by nikkoblu2 View Post
    Catrin...you crack me up! I often get a chuckle from your posts. If you're ever in NJ I'd love to take a ride with you.
    I like to try and poke a little fun at myself, keeps me from taking myself too seriously

Sure wish your addiction were contagious, Catrin. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    Patting my bike on her tush when I pass by her in the living room (check)
    I am meeting more cyclists who confess to keeping their bike inside the house. Happy to know that I am not unique in this respect. One male cycling friend (who has put in over 11,000 miles on his bike this year by doing double centuries almost every weekend) even shared a link to a news story about how a female cyclist got her bike stolen by keeping it stored in her garage. I told him I don't care what people think who might walk into my house, that my bike is that important to me. He confessed that he keeps his bike inside too, in his living room, up on a stand over a tarp so he can fiddle with it in his spare time.

Right on! Both my Trek and my camel share my bedroom — should change my forum name to CamelTrek but don't know how. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by kjay View Post
    Right on! Both my Trek and my camel share my bedroom — should change my forum name to CamelTrek but don't know how. ;-)
    I think that one of the Admins have to change your forum name - I am sure that one will come along and let you know.

Darcy, I hear you! I actually have no other place to store my bike, but it would probably be there if I did... The manager of my forthcoming new apartment told me that quite a few people there just lock their bike to the steps outside. These steps are REALLY outside Perhaps these are just beater bikes, but still, to be exposed to the weather like that and to theft as well....Ms. Explorer certainly deserves much more!
    Last edited by Catrin; 10-16-2010 at 03:59 AM.

I'm hooked too, no idea how that happened! Oh yes, just that feeling of flying, jeans getter looser, 2lbs off without dieting and getting both my head and my body to myself for an hour or two at a time.

My bike is locked up in my fairly secure garage. I knew that I was getting serious about cycling when I moved it from the garden end of the garage to the road end of the garage
    Dawes Cambridge Mixte, Specialized Hardrock, Specialized Vita.

mixedbabygreens My blog, which really isn't all about the bike.