Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Saskatchewan Cyclists?

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'm just wondering how many people we have here from Saskatchewan. Where are some of your favourite places to ride? Any good recommendations (shops, rides, clubs etc.)?

I love Waskesieu (Prince Albert National Park) in the autumn - the beautiful yellow and orange leaves, deep-blue pristine lakes, elk, moose, wolves, bears, foxes, mink, beaver, merganzers, Canada geese, pelicans, deer and a myriad of other assorted wildlife. Bike-friendly and gorgeous any time of the year, it is still best in the fall. The roads and trails around the park are nearly empty come the end of September, and the cool breeze and warm autumn sunshine make it one of the loveliest places to ride.
    Life is like riding a bicycle - in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving.

~Albert Einstein

I live in Saskatoon. I moved to SK about 3 years ago for graduate school.

PA National Park is lovely. Little Red River Park right in the city of Prince Albert is great for biking and x-country skiing. I do quite a bit of biking (both mountain and road) in the Saskatoon area. You can practice hill climbing on a mountain bike at Blackstrap Provincial Park. I haven't been, but Buffalo Pound is also supposed to be great for cycling.

ETA: I forgot to add that, depending on where you live, there are LOTS of cycling clubs/shops/rides/etc. Most clubs operate under the umbrella of the Saskatchewan Cycling Association and are specific to geographic location. I'm a member of the NBR (mountain biking) and BCW (road/mountain/cross) clubs. BCW is actually sponsored by Bruce's Cycle Works, which is my favorite shop in the city.
    Last edited by Ambikes; 10-15-2010 at 12:51 PM.
    2010 Scott Speedster Limited/Bontrager Inform RL
    2008 Cannondale Rush 2 Feminine/Terry Butterfly
    2005 Cannondale F400/Terry Butterfly

It looks like we are school mates! I'm a Ph.D. student in cognitive neuroscience at the U of S!

I love The Red - I have family up north and have spent a lot of time there! I'm going to have to check out Buffalo Pound.

+1 for Bruce's - I LOVE that place! That is the most amazing service I have ever received in any store.
    Life is like riding a bicycle - in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving.

~Albert Einstein

is there a link to some of the bike club's websites in Saskatchewan? We will be there over the long weekend in August (Kinistino area) for a family reunion that weekend and we're trying to figure out if we should bring our bikes. My DH doesn't want to spend 24/7 with my family so we may at least bring his bike. Any planned rides that weekend not too far a drive?

When I was young, we spent a lot of summer vacations at relatives in Davidson, Prince Albert, Kinistino, Waitville. That was long before I started riding. Now I'd like to see some of that area from the saddle. But maybe not that weekend. We'll see,
    TIA
    Edna

Check out http://www.saskcycling.ca/clubs.html for a list of all the bike clubs in the province.

Depending on the club, you may have to contact the person in charge to get more details on rides and such.
    2010 Scott Speedster Limited/Bontrager Inform RL
    2008 Cannondale Rush 2 Feminine/Terry Butterfly
    2005 Cannondale F400/Terry Butterfly