Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Run run run week of October 4th through October 11th

To disable ads, please log-in.

Howdy. With the crud weather I have been uninspired, but I was inspired to try a trail run so did today on a rucky rutted road - 2.8 miles and I was slow but had a blast. Ran in the VFFs. No ankle issues. How's everyone else doing?
    I can do five more miles.

Jolt is offline Dodging the potholes...
    Crud weather is right! Tomorrow is supposed to be even ickier but I plan on getting a good hard trail run in anyway--I need one bigtime. This job search is stressing me out beyond belief...it's been one giant demonstration of Murphy's law lately. (Who is this Murphy anyway? I'd like to punch him right now!) I'm about to send a resume for a job in a part of the country that I really didn't even want to consider (a place that sounds like it would be way too hot for me) but that supposedly would consider a new grad interested in cardiology which I am. Still hoping something works out in the Northeast but that may or may not happen. Didn't mean for this post to turn into a vent but that just goes to show how much I need to exhaust myself running tomorrow!
    2011 Surly LHT
    1995 Trek 830

We are having nice weather.

I did another 3 mile run last night after work. It was cool and breezy and I really enjoyed myself. I ran the first half at basically race pace because I feared I would run out of daylight but as I realized I was fine, backed off quite a bit. I have no idea how long this lovely weather will stick around, but I am making sure I appreciate it while it's here!
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

We get both. The morning started off crummy (so my friend and I blew off riding and I had to run instead), and by the time I was back from my run, now it's sunny.

Three minutes @10K pace/three minutes easy jog x 5, plus WU/CD.

Eleven days to race day. I don't feel ready.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Jolt - I feel for ya on the job search. Good luck and don't settle.

Oak - you will be ready. Don't forget that your body also needs relaxin' so easy peasy days are good, right?

Me: I wimped on my lunch run because it was pouring. Instead did six sets of 109 stairs in my building.
    I can do five more miles.

Jolt! Sound like you should go jump over more stuff Hot is not too bad! Mean the winters are better

Oak! I feel like it is impossible to really feel ready until you are out there! You will be great!

I had a good/hilly 8 miler tonight. Decided that I can't ignore hills between now and IM St. George. Must seek them out whenever possible!
    Slow and steady (like a train!)

http://kacietri-ing.blogspot.com/

I ran on one of the local trails. It is about 5 miles long with quite a bit of climbing. My lungs don't like the hills that much so I hope the more I do it the stronger I will become. I always seem to have an easier time with trail running vs road. I think it is because it is far more interesting to run on the trails. I want to increase my running to 3x/ week but I am not sure if my legs will handle that. I used to do a lot of running all through HS and into my 30s. My hamstrings and knees just don't like it that much any more. Hope everyone has a great week!

Jolt is offline Dodging the potholes...
    Well, I did get out for a run today but it wasn't quite as good as I hoped. Mostly because, as you would probably expect from the weather we've been having, the trails were a slop-fest and therefore slippery, and that made it harder to get into a good rhythm. I also managed to land in a very large, deep puddle when my foot slid out from under me in the slick mud at the bottom . (Might as well have gone swimming). Despite the ickiness though, it still felt good to get out and I probably would have stayed out longer had I not been extremely busy today and had to get back and get some things done. Probably a good idea now to give the trails a couple days to dry out before going back there to run...
    2011 Surly LHT
    1995 Trek 830

Hi girls! I haven't forgot about you. Been running just too busy to stop and write about it. The grad school life.

Another personal best

Today I did 8.05 miles at a blazingly fast pace of 11.5. Working towards a HM in mid-November.

I remember when I started biking - I wasn't fast but I could go pretty far. Like the old song about the girl with the roller skates, "I got a brand new pair of roller skates, you got a brand new key" or something like that. I still can't believe how difficult running is after riding for so long. I know physiologically why but psychologically I keep thinking my inner-wimp is showing.

I'm going to try for 3 runs/week. One 5K just for fun, one 6 miler for intervals and one distance run. That's the plan as of today.
    To train a dog, you must be more interesting than dirt.

Trek Project One
    Trek FX 7.4 Hybrid

Did about 3kms entirely on grass in the local park yesterday. Took about 30 mins including warming up and down. Need to stretch more. The park is far from flat so attempted some interval training up the steep bits, mixed with running on a lovely flat bit next to the river. Was as tired after this as after a 3 hour ride!

Will try and get out into the country more and run the footpaths as I get fitter...

I fell on a run last night! I was stupidly dwelling on being afraid of injury and I crashed! Alas, I finished up running!

Ouch Kacie! Hope everything's okay.

I've just been digging out my cool-weather gear and musing on the holes in the palms of my gloves and the knees of my tights. Thinking how falling was such a regular occurrence for me not even a year ago. And how thankful I am for the yoga and the foot and hip exercises that have (so far, touch wood) kept me from falling for several hundred miles, including a BIG stumble around mile 15 at the Cleveland marathon.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

No problems here Just a little cuts and scratches. Mine is all about focus and the places I let my mind wander. My body does not appreciate when I let my mind doubt myself, and I was in a very serious place of self doubt (looking at my next year of work ahead). The last time I fell was on an unpainted speed bump in the dark in a new place. I really believe this one was my body telling my mind to stop doubting my abilities and just get back to work

I ran my usual 6.7 mile loop. For fun's sake, I looked up my average pace on that loop for this past year:

Bear Lake Loop
    2/28 10:03/m
    3/14 10:10/m
    4/20 10:20/m
    6/6 9:49/m
    8/8 9:51/m
    9/9 9:14/m
    10/8 8:58/m