Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

*sigh* 2011 Bike Lust

To disable ads, please log-in.

What do you have your eye on? I have been wishing for an upgrade...SRAM Rival, Carbon, a bit more performance-oriented. I'm quite fond of my Cannondale Synapse, just want something with a little more go-go. And I love orange. Oh, man...it's so good that my husband is able to keep me from doing crazy things with my credit card. This is making my wallet feel positively ON FIRE!!!
    look at the orange option
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

oooh I like the creamsicle bike!!!!

I'm getting what I hope to be the bike of my dreams this week (if I feel good enough to pick it up). I can't wait to show it off and get fitted and ride it.

But I've already been drooling over the next bike-type I'd like to get (do not tell dh that I'm even thinking like this - it's just that I'm sorta bored being sick and spending too much time online thinking about bikes).

I'm thinking about wanting a touring bike. I dream of the days when we could go off on tours to various parts of the country. I would want to do CC touring but would pack changes of clothes and enough stuff to keep comfy.

Not sure what bike that would be yet. LHT possibly.
    Alison - mama of 2 (8yo and 6yo)
    2009 Independent Fabrication steel Crown Jewel SE
    1995 trek 800 steel MTV

Quote Originally Posted by warneral View Post
    oooh I like the creamsicle bike!!!!
    No wonder I love it...I love orange/cream stuff, too!
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    Luckily, I'm quite content with my bikes. Someday I may get a mountain bike, but I don't see another road bike in my future. Mine are perfect for me. It's a great feeling when you get there!

I take that back. I would like something like Ms. Plum someday.

I just upgraded from a Trek 2000 (aluminum frame, mostly 105 components) to a Trek Madone 4.7 WSD (carbon, SRAM Rival components). It's the 2010 version so I got a great deal on it.

I do like that orange and white color scheme.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    Luckily, I'm quite content with my bikes. Someday I may get a mountain bike, but I don't see another road bike in my future. Mine are perfect for me. It's a great feeling when you get there!
    I look forward that day. Bike lust is kinda frustrating (because of the price, mostly). My road bike is really my only bike that I actually ride (I have a POS tank of a Schwinn mountain bike that is ~15 years old and 2 sizes too big for me, so I ride it maybe 5 miles/year). It's a nice bike, but after less than a year I have found that I want something faster and more aggressive. I also want a cyclocross bike at some point. I had no idea that I would end up wanting to do anything competitive with the bike, but I'm a much stronger cyclist than runner. I'd do a duathlon every month if there were that many available to me. Cyclocross is looking fun, too...kinda combines my love of trail running with my love of the bike, too.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3

Quote Originally Posted by ny biker View Post
    I just upgraded from a Trek 2000 (aluminum frame, mostly 105 components) to a Trek Madone 4.7 WSD (carbon, SRAM Rival components). It's the 2010 version so I got a great deal on it.
    How do you like that upgrade? I'd be going from aluminum/105 to carbon/Rival, too. When the day comes that I can upgrade I am interested to see how chip seal roads feel. The vast majority of our roads are chip-seal and many were freshly done this Summer. Those really are exhausting and frustrating to ride.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3

Quote Originally Posted by zoom-zoom View Post
    How do you like that upgrade? I'd be going from aluminum/105 to carbon/Rival, too. When the day comes that I can upgrade I am interested to see how chip seal roads feel. The vast majority of our roads are chip-seal and many were freshly done this Summer. Those really are exhausting and frustrating to ride.
    I've only ridden it twice. I went out on a short test ride last Friday but I only had time to ride on a flat rail-trail that was nearby, which was not a good test since I was going from a triple to a compact double. So the bike shop manager let me come back the next day for a longer ride that included hills. After about 25 miles and two hills for which I usually need the granny gear, I was sold (actually I was sold after about 5 miles, but I kept riding just to make sure ). The WSD geometry really is a better fit for me and the lowest gear on the new bike is pretty much the same as what I had on the old one, which is sufficient. And the roads were noticeably smoother with the carbon frame.

I got used to the SRAM shifters pretty quickly. I might even like them better than the Shimano brifters.

After I returned to the shop to pay for the bike, I went back out and rode another 20 miles, and was very happy.

I was going to do a hilly ride yesterday after work but that got rained out. This weekend I'm planning a long ride on the flat rail-trail so I can play around more with the gears.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

Quote Originally Posted by ny biker View Post
    I've only ridden it twice. I went out on a short test ride last Friday but I only had time to ride on a flat rail-trail that was nearby, which was not a good test since I was going from a triple to a compact double. So the bike shop manager let me come back the next day for a longer ride that included hills. After about 25 miles and two hills for which I usually need the granny gear, I was sold (actually I was sold after about 5 miles, but I kept riding just to make sure ). The WSD geometry really is a better fit for me and the lowest gear on the new bike is pretty much the same as what I had on the old one, which is sufficient. And the roads were noticeably smoother with the carbon frame.

I got used to the SRAM shifters pretty quickly. I might even like them better than the Shimano brifters.
    Great to hear! Yes, my next bike will be a compact double, too. I actually wanted that for my current bike, but we waited and waited and waited for Cannondale to build one with that gearing...they already had a triple ready to go, so we took it.

I am currently on a WSD, but I have a long torso and short inseam--I really went with WSD to get the shorter reach Shimano shifters, but with the SRAM adjustable-reach shifters it will be a non-issue. I should be comfier on a unisex bike, since we've already had to flip my stem and swap 2 spacers up to give me more cockpit room.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3

NY biker congrats on the madone! The madone was on my super short list. I loved the ride! Keep us updated on your adventures with the new baby.

Kirsten, I also have a long torso. I didn't realize there are SRAM adjustable reach shifters. That sounds perfect - man's geometry combined with short reach shifters.
    Alison - mama of 2 (8yo and 6yo)
    2009 Independent Fabrication steel Crown Jewel SE
    1995 trek 800 steel MTV

I am also really happy with my bikes.
    I'm just wishing for more time to ride and while we're wishing, I'll wish for clean air all winter!
    Each day is a gift, that's why it is called the present.

I'm planning to replace my 2005 Specialized Allez with a Trek Madone 5.5 as a 50th birthday present; I don't know if I'll receive around Christmas or around my birthday.
    I'd rather be swimming...biking...running...and eating cheesecake...
    --===--

2008 Cervelo P2C Tri bike
    2011 Trek Madone 5.5/Cobb V-Flow Max
    2007 Jamis Coda/Terry Liberator
    2011 Trek Mamba 29er

I dream of a custom Luna or a Bianchi road bike in Celeste Green ( I do not know why but, I am drawn to that color) I really like Terry bicycles too. I do not fit standard frames well. Darn long legs/short torso!!!
    2012 Trek Lexa SL
    2012 Giant TCX2
    2015 Trek Remedy 7
    2016 Trek Lexa C
    2016 Specialized Hellga-Fat Bike

I got my Trek 2000 back near the end of July (1st road bike) and I'm very happy with it, but know I'm going to need to upgrade it at some point. I'm looking at upgrading to either the Trek Madone 3.1 or the Specialized Ruby Elite. I just haven't decided on which one yet and really can't afford either one at the moment. The only thing I worry about is that I'm very comfortable on the Trek 2000 even though it's a men's bike and I'm at the extreme low end of what will fit that bike. I am 5 ft tall.

I am very happy with my road bikes and have no plans to change any of them.
    Occasionally I have some doubts about the time trial bike - so in a more distant future I may change the TT bike and get a time machine.
    E.'s website: www.earchphoto.com

2005 Bianchi 928C L'Una RC
    2010 BMC SLX01 racemaster
    2008 BMC TT03 Time Machine
    Campy Record and SSM Aspide naked carbon on all bikes