Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

First expert race

To disable ads, please log-in.

This weekend I'm doing my first expert race, my second race ever. I was feeling insanely nervous about it, like I had a rock in my stomach. The other women in the category are amazing (yes I looked up the start list and their previous race results). I would be so lucky as to eat their dust.

After suffering some anxiety, I made the decision last night to just have FUN. I'm not racing for a team, I have no expectations, it's a weekend away, I have a new hard-tail bike to try out . . . I thought for a second about moving back down to Sport, but they are only racing 12 miles. If I'm going to travel all that way and pay to ride, I want to get my money's worth and do the 18 mile race. DFL it may be for me, but I'll have fun doing it.

Good for you, Limewave! There is NO SHAME in DFL (just ask me ). Think of what you will have accomplished - riding a new bike, racing a new category, have a great time... Racing against people who are faster/stronger than you are makes you a better/stronger racer, too.

Good luck - can't wait to read the race report.

SheFly (lining up with NINETY women to race 'cross this weekend)
    "Well behaved women rarely make history." including me!
    http://twoadventures.blogspot.com

Just as I was starting to get excited about the race a certain somebody had to call about it. I haven't heard from them in months. I don't know why I am surprised they would call now Super competitive! I've distanced myself from them because of all the smack-talk they do and the hard-feelings they get over riding.

Riding is my escape. I do not like the emotional games. Why did I answer my phone?

Anywho, going to put it behind me now and move on.

SheFly--good luck at your cross race this weekend! I want to read the race report next week.

Put it out of your mind. Remember your goal is to have fun! Keep that in mind AT ALL TIMES! No negative Nellies for you .

Have a great race. I have no doubt you are going to do well!

SheFly

p.s.
    I'll post the 'cross report next week for sure!
    "Well behaved women rarely make history." including me!
    http://twoadventures.blogspot.com

She can't ruin your goal to have fun! I can't wait to hear your report.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

DFL > DNS! Somebody has to be last...better that the person in last is still a damned strong rider! Can't wait to hear how it goes. I can't even imagine mountain-biking as a noob, much less an expert. This is very cool!
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

last

Limewave, go out there and kick some funky behind! Weeeeharrrrr

I'm normally dfl but i'm getting there

Good Luck! You will do fine. Stay in your own head and just focus on your race.

In our series here, we are not permitted to move up and down when we want. You have to apply to move up( or you are forced to), and once you move you are stuck.

Our sport races are usually 18-20 miles, the expert and pro girls do 27 miles.

Wow! Expert is an entirely new level of racing.

Race report posted in the race results section.