Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

First Group Ride

To disable ads, please log-in.

I started riding when I bought my fuji on July 4th this year. I rode a lot as a kid and was able to pick it right up. I'm totally in love with cycling!

I normally ride alone or with my husband. Today we both went on our first group ride. There were only 7 of us. We went about 25 miles and stopped at a little cafe for breakfast. It was awesome that I was able to hang with the more experienced cyclists. I even passed a couple up the hills. It was a total confidence builder and I had so much fun.

I'm definitely going next week!

And, starting December 1, LBS has a group ride inside on trainers. The first several weeks are just movie sessions, but then they have a 16 week training program. It's twice a week. I'm totally excited to train with others over the winter.

Congratulations!!! Group rides make for great fun on the bike. They are my absolute favorite :-)

I wish I could say the same thing for indoor trainer rides. Unfortunately, they are probably the least fun to be had on a bike, but a necessary evil in places where the weather makes riding outdoors in the winter impossible. Indoor training can, however, be excellent for building strength/fitness, so keeping that in mind will hopefully make it easier for you stick it out when the going gets tough!