Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

OK. I know I have a problem.

DH and I ended up at another bike shop this weekend. We go with the intention of buying some armwarmers that were on clearance. He's been wanting a Trek FX 7.5, so we browse and he takes one for a bit of a longer ride then he got to at the other shop, so he gets back and discuss money and the like. This shop is willing to let him put some down and put the bike on layaway for a month or so, so we go ahead and pull the trigger.

Here's where the problem starts...

While he was out for the test ride, I spied a WSD FX 7.3 a year newer then the one I JUST bought used and am thrilled with, but the paint on this 2009 is just awesome and somehow "me"-- and it's in my size.

It has some flowery/girly details on the fork and tubes that are formed using pixels and I'm a geek at heart so it calls to me. I KNOW I just bought the other one and had it tuned up at my LBS and riding it the little bit I have has been a joy. SO I find myself torn. I just married this one and I'm already lusting after this other.

The other thought I had on my mind is the frame warranty. Trek offers a lifetime frame warranty, but it only covers the original owner, so if anything should happen to the 2008 I wouldn't be covered... so in the long run is it better to buy new??

2009 Trek FX 7.3 WSD
    http://www.jacksbikes.com/contents/m...200_nickel.jpg

Shannon
    Last edited by Roadtrip; 10-04-2010 at 12:09 PM. Reason: picture edit
    Starbucks.. did someone say Starbucks?!?!
    http://www.cincylights.com

It is adorable but I would wait. It's basically the exact same bike. I would guess that warranties are rarely claimed.

If I were you -I'd keep riding the bike you have. See what you want in a next bike. Then you could keep the fx and get a totally different type next.
    Alison - mama of 2 (8yo and 6yo)
    2009 Independent Fabrication steel Crown Jewel SE
    1995 trek 800 steel MTV

That is a very pretty bike. It must be frustrating to see that one so soon after buying yours (which I also think is lovely).

I did read your post on the cycling ambitions thread, and honestly if you carry on developing your cycling as fast as you have been from your standing start I think your next bike could possibly be something completely different. Maybe a racer, maybe off-roading? I am saying this as someone who was in a lbs talking about mountain bikes yesterday but any new bike here will have to wait until I've sold something to pay for it. Cycling is also opening so many new roads to me that I'm trying to delay buying another bike until I know exactly what it is I need.

On the other hand. If your dh is buying his bike there then would they be open to some kind of 7.3 trade with a little bit of cash on top? That's really not sensible but I would be wondering it.
    Dawes Cambridge Mixte, Specialized Hardrock, Specialized Vita.

mixedbabygreens My blog, which really isn't all about the bike.

Do you have a university with an art program near you, or any sort of car-detailing/body shop? You might be able to get someone to paint or otherwise put the designs you liked so much off the new bike onto yours...
    Kati, 31. From small town in Kansas. Wife to Vince. Mom to Yuna, 4. Mum to Nun, 16, from Thailand via AFS exchange program.