Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Help! Frontline plus question

To disable ads, please log-in.

In order to save some money, I ordered 12 months worth of Frontline Plus from totalpetsupply.com . When it arrived, it appeared to have shipped from the UK, and that packaging and labeling is different than I'm used to. According to the WWW, this is "counterfeit" frontline. I'm hoping that someone (maybe someone in Australia/UK/South Africa?) can confirm for me that this is just "foreign" frontline and not fake/bad/not going to keep my dogs flea-free.

thanks very much in advance!
    ...never met a bike that I didn't wanna ride.

Frontline (regular old US) stopped keeping my dog flea free, so I'm no help. Good luck, though. I'd worry about it being toxic if you can't verify. Maybe call frontline?
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

I'm in the UK and use Frontline for my cats. There's an example of UK packaging for standard frontline here. I'm not sure that Frontline Plus is available easily here, all my searches are turning up US sites with UK prices.
    Dawes Cambridge Mixte, Specialized Hardrock, Specialized Vita.

mixedbabygreens My blog, which really isn't all about the bike.

rev

Yup, you may want to call the Frontline folks as i'm unsure as well. (We use Revolution on our doggies)

I was told by my vet never to buy frontline through internet or mail order as there is no guarantee of what you are really going to get. Apparently there have been instances where animals have become very ill from inferior products.

Oy. Thanks for the help everyone. I feel so stupid.. this was really a case of "too good to be true" --$40 cheaper than my usual mail order place. Anywho, hope no one else makes this mistake. Do not buy from totalpetsupply.com !!

Quote Originally Posted by Beane View Post
    In order to save some money, I ordered 12 months worth of Frontline Plus from totalpetsupply.com . When it arrived, it appeared to have shipped from the UK, and that packaging and labeling is different than I'm used to. According to the WWW, this is "counterfeit" frontline. I'm hoping that someone (maybe someone in Australia/UK/South Africa?) can confirm for me that this is just "foreign" frontline and not fake/bad/not going to keep my dogs flea-free.

thanks very much in advance!
    I've also heard the same thing. In fact, some products may be "watered down" versions of the original thing so they won't even work. You're not supposed to buy these medications from anywhere other than a vet to be guaranteed. Even 1800petmeds.com probably one of the biggest sites (they're the one that advertise on TV), aren't to be trusted from what I've heard. I don't think people find this out until they have an experience with it or talk to their vet about it, so don't feel bad. I'm glad you found out before you used it though!
    "Namaste, B*tches!"

Great, now I find out. I just ordered a 6 month supply of Sentinel from USpets.com. I hope they are legitimate. I hope maybe I can return it if unopened. I guess I'll use my vet. I was trying to save a bit of money.

I don't think that necessarily ALL non-vet retailers are selling bad product. I have almost always gotten my pets' flea/tick stuff online with no problems. In the future I'll only buy from places that swear to sell only EPA-approved products and which also have a decent return policy (just in case).

I've been buying Advantage from 1800PetMeds for years and it's fine. I used to use Frontline, but I think the Georgia fleas are immune to it!
    ----------------------------------------------------
    "I never made "Who's Who"- but sure as hell I made "What's That??..."