Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Angry Litespeed Sienna

To disable ads, please log-in.

Anyone riding this bike?? I tried one off the floor and loved it. Then I bought it and had it fitted by a real pro and now it rides harder and hurts my neck. I am scared I made a bad choice...and an expensive one too. Anyone have one and love the ride/fit?

thanks for any info/feedback.

Jpbayarea

Explain rides harder and hurts your neck? The Sienna is a Ti bike which means you will have some "road feel" ie feel some of the bumps int he road. If you were riding carbon before that, then maybe you will need some adjustment time to get use to the Ti bike. Plus the bike has a compact frame, means it's alittle squirrelier than maybe you are used to.

If you just got a fitting and some of the changes cause you to ride more agressively, just give it time, Your body will adjust. Make sure you are beding your elbows and your head is positioned appropriately. Your back and neck should be aligned.

If you don't like the road feel, try subbing out for a carbon handlebar (if the bike didn't come with one). I think the bike has carbon rear stays and fork so alot of the bumps should be erased. Worse comes to worse, take it back to the shop and ask them.

The Sienna is a good bike. Ti is never a bad choice.
    BCIpam - Nature Girl

also - you say you got it fitted by a pro.....have you talked to the Pro and told him/her your issues??.....see what they have to say about it??
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

that sounds like a set up issue not a bike issue... I agree, have the fitter (or a different fitter) double check it! Fit is not a perfect art and sometimes you do have to go back a few times to get the perfect fit for you... good luck with it...
    There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".

another thought...if you were ill fitted for your old bike then the muscles you are using now are "out of shape" and need time adjusting (maybe?) I would definitely go back to the fitter and share your issues...it took my fiancee 3 times to get it right and he still then messed with the seat a bit! he also has the fitter check his position periodically to make sure all is good (once a year maybe)

don't forget your stretching either!!!
    I am a nobody; nobody is perfect, and therefore I am perfect.