Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Question Targeted (?!) Mailing

To disable ads, please log-in.

I got home from my evening (bike) commute to find the following in my mailbox:

"Dear (my name),
    We've seen it time after time.
    People who are reluctant to use any mobility assistance because they think they will become dependent on it.
    What they don't realize is that a power chair or scooter can make them much more independent than they ever dreamed… able to lead a more active, satisfying life and do more things for themselves.
    That's why we've enclosed your FREE Personal Mobility Assessment – so you can see for yourself just what a difference a power chair or scooter can make."

I wonder if they would be willing to forego the scooter and help finance the touring bike I have my eye on? LOL!

Deb
    2016 Kona Rove ST (M/L 54) WTB Volt
    Camp Stove Green Surly Karate Monkey (M) WTB Volt
    Kona Dew Deluxe (54cm) Brooks B67-S

Hmmm... It has a seat, it has wheels, it conveys a person from one location to another, and it is designed to make long-distance transportation more comfortable, thereby increasing mobility in a sense... sure sounds like the touring bike fits the description to me!

How funny to get such a badly-targeted advertisement!
    Life is like riding a bicycle - in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving.

~Albert Einstein

Yea, I got one of those yesterday... "come in for a mobility assessment." OK, do you want to see how fast I can ride my bike?
    I also get lots of mailings from the "help I've fallen and I can't get up" people, as well as incessant mailings from various retirement and assisted living places. Don't start me on AARP, either. They have given up on me, but not DH, who is a couple of years younger.
    I am pretty sure it's age and income targeting.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport