Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Selkie View Post
    Thanks for the tip! I was looking at Juniors' jeans but they are way to hootchie mama for a 47 year old.
    Tell me about it... I'm 39, not 15.... I have a no butt crack rule. If I can't tie my shoes without showing butt crack or undies the jeans are a no go.... I think kids clothes are cut a bit more conservatively than juniors.
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N

Quote Originally Posted by Eden View Post
    A 34" inseam for women..... seriously.... my 6'4" husband wears a 34" inseam....
    I was so excited to find 34" jeans in a size 4 yesterday...though I was a bit shocked that they were labeled "regular inseam". Makes ya wonder what "long" is! I need a 32" inseam to wear them with flats, and an inch or two more for heels. Add in the inevitable shrinkage, and buying jeans is usually a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Becky View Post
    I was so excited to find 34" jeans in a size 4 yesterday...though I was a bit shocked that they were labeled "regular inseam". Makes ya wonder what "long" is! I need a 32" inseam to wear them with flats, and an inch or two more for heels. Add in the inevitable shrinkage, and buying jeans is usually a disaster.
    What brand was this?? Not that I need any more pants

Quote Originally Posted by jessmarimba View Post
    What brand was this?? Not that I need any more pants
    Gap Long and Lean jeans. Although all of their jeans seemed extra-long, these were the only ones that accommodated my bad-@ss cyclist thighs. The rest of the styles cut off circulation below my knees! Their sizing in the waist seemed a little funky, and I actually went up a size to ensure that I could still button them after Thanksgiving They fit great everywhere else.

I don't buy super low rise jeans at my age, but a moderately low rise ("scout rise" by Athleta's system) has done wonders to make me keep my transversus and pelvic floor engaged.

Not that anything is *really* super low on me, given that old-style jeans cover my bottom two ribs. I seriously have no waist... In slacks, I have to buy petites so the rise is anything reasonable, then mostly the legs are too short.
    Last edited by OakLeaf; 11-04-2010 at 12:20 PM.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Eh, petite pants are now 30", except for Athleta, where they are still 28.5 or 29, which is what I need. Let alone the problem of calves and thighs. I recently spent $ to get a pair of cords hemmed . I don't mind getting wool pants or other dress pants tailored, but, isn't this why petite sizes were invented? I just can't wear my pants dragging on the ground. I could wear regular sized pants, if it wasn't for the length, as I don't have a short waist. I'm just short.
    Eden, I have thought of looking in the kids department for jeans, but my waist isn't quite that small, more like 26.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Selkie View Post
    Thanks for the tip! I was looking at Juniors' jeans but they are way to hootchie mama for a 47 year old.
    A few years ago, my step-mum bought juniors jeans for my dad, because she was tired of looking at the saggy backside of normal jeans on him.
    My 70 year old dad with swirly pocket embroidery and rhinestone accents was quite a sight, but at least he could keep those pants up!
    Each day is a gift, that's why it is called the present.

Finally I found myself a 31'' waist Bold Curve - looks great and makes me very very happy

I think I have found the jeans that fit me best. I like the Levi's Bold Curve straight leg jeans that I bought, but they are about an inch lower rise than I really feel comfortable wearing...when I sit down I think I'm getting dangerously close to showing off my crack. They're spendy for jeans that I really like, but don't LOVE.

I snagged a pair of 528 (junior's version of the 529) and they are perfect! The rise on the 529 comes up a hair too high on me and I fall between sizes, so the larger size ends up with bunchy fabric at the small of my back. I don't have this issue with the 528s. They fit like they were designed for me and the rise is about halfway between that of the Curve ID jeans and the 529s.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2