Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

I think my shrink-to-fit Levis (and they really do shrink to fit) run $30-$40 a pair, sometimes on sale for $25, but rarely.

My work trousers cost a lot more ("Kut from the Kloth" or some goofy name like that) but I don't mind because they look good and they don't gap at the waist nor are they too short in the leg. The fabric of the ones I'm wearing today is a bit of a stretchy corduroy and incredibly comfortable.

I really hate shopping for pants because it's so hard to find any that don't gap in the back and are long enough.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Kirsten - Chico's probably won't work for you. Susan O passed a few pairs to me when she shrunk out of them last year and they are all too big in the waist. They are better than most jeans, but still not quite right.

Knot - I'm the same way except I need SHORT pants not long ones! Skirts are my friend, actually.
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    Quote Originally Posted by ny biker View Post
    That's why they invented sales. I almost never pay full price for jeans. I buy mine at J Jill, and I only buy them when they're on sale or I have a coupon.

I think I might stop in at Chico's the next time I go shopping to see about theirs, too.
    Same here. I just got those Chico jeans for something closer to $50. Full price makes me itch!!
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    I'm on the look-out for a new pair of jeans. I don't have large hips, so I don't need any special cut, but I like straight leg. My favorite jeans are some very old Levis that I've had forever. I hate shopping, though, so I haven't replaced them and they are way overdue for replacement.

Where are Levi's sold these days? I really don't want to go to a mall and hunt for them. I just want to know one store that I can go to, try them on, buy some, and go home.

Any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    I'm on the look-out for a new pair of jeans. I don't have large hips, so I don't need any special cut, but I like straight leg. My favorite jeans are some very old Levis that I've had forever. I hate shopping, though, so I haven't replaced them and they are way overdue for replacement.

Where are Levi's sold these days? I really don't want to go to a mall and hunt for them. I just want to know one store that I can go to, try them on, buy some, and go home.

Any advice?
    At least for the Curvy cut I have seen them at Kohl's, JCP, Sears...and I believe Macy's carries them, too. I would guess that most popular dept. stores would carry some Levi's styles. I think even Wal-Mart has a lower-end line of Levi's jeans.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    Quote Originally Posted by zoom-zoom View Post
    At least for the Curvy cut I have seen them at Kohl's, JCP, Sears...and I believe Macy's carries them, too. I would guess that most popular dept. stores would carry some Levi's styles. I think even Wal-Mart has a lower-end line of Levi's jeans.
    Thanks, there is a JCP near me. I've never been there (did I mention that I HATE shopping malls?) but I'll give them a call to be sure before I head over there. There's another mall across town that has all the big stores. I dread going, but my jeans all have holes in them! They are like 10 years old! I'll have to just grit my teeth and get it over with. I think I'll wait until Monday, because there's no sense in going to a mall over the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    Thanks, there is a JCP near me. I've never been there (did I mention that I HATE shopping malls?) but I'll give them a call to be sure before I head over there. There's another mall across town that has all the big stores. I dread going, but my jeans all have holes in them! They are like 10 years old! I'll have to just grit my teeth and get it over with. I think I'll wait until Monday, because there's no sense in going to a mall over the weekend.
    I sympathize...I shop online and return what doesn't work.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3

Very nice...I just received my Levi's "bold curve" jeans.

Of course, they are STILL a bit too big at the waist (they are the straight-leg style and relatively low-rise), but definitely the best-fitting jeans I have tried in ages. Their 529/Curvy jeans are higher-waisted and a biotch to find in lengths (actually, I'm not sure they even come in lengths), so I end up having to have them altered and they just aren't as flattering on me), plus I fall between a 6 and 8 in those.

The Curve ID jeans definitely do often run small...I would normally take a 29, but bought a 30 based upon reviews here and on the Levi's site. The 30x30s are a dream. I just hope they don't shrink at all in length. I think a 29" inseam would be too short, but I am certain that the 32s would be too long (my other jeans with 32" inseam all hang an inch or more under my heels when barefoot).
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3

Awesome, Kirsten!
    But if you think those are low waisted, don't buy the bootcut! They are even lower (I'm wearing mine today, actually) and therefore gap even more.

I know the 529's *did* come in lengths at one point but I think they discontinued that feature. The first time I went searching for them, I only found the one or two random short lengths (and they were either 2's or 14's). I've never found any mid-sizes in the short, so I think they just stopped making them for some reason.

Oh, and my bold curve jeans have not shrunk in length at all and I have put them in the dryer. Both pairs have been washed two or three times now and both are still long enough.

What I like best about them (besides the fact that they fit)? They don't stretch out much! I can wear them two or three times between washings and they still look pretty good. They don't look like baggy, old lady pants on me like my 529's always did. One wearing of those and they always looked terrible!

Quote Originally Posted by GLC1968 View Post
    Awesome, Kirsten!
    But if you think those are low waisted, don't buy the bootcut! They are even lower (I'm wearing mine today, actually) and therefore gap even more.

I know the 529's *did* come in lengths at one point but I think they discontinued that feature. The first time I went searching for them, I only found the one or two random short lengths (and they were either 2's or 14's). I've never found any mid-sizes in the short, so I think they just stopped making them for some reason.

Oh, and my bold curve jeans have not shrunk in length at all and I have put them in the dryer. Both pairs have been washed two or three times now and both are still long enough.

What I like best about them (besides the fact that they fit)? They don't stretch out much! I can wear them two or three times between washings and they still look pretty good. They don't look like baggy, old lady pants on me like my 529's always did. One wearing of those and they always looked terrible!
    Oh, good good news! Do you wash them in warm or cold?

Thanks for the heads-up on the bootcuts. I probably won't buy them, anyhow. I was nervous that the strait-legs would be too snug through my freaky big calves, but they are great. I'm even tempted to get a pair in black for dress...or maybe even try the skinny ones (though I don't think those would be very flattering on my stubby legs, so I probably won't). Neither is available in my size right now.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3

Cold wash and you may already know this, but to keep them dark for as long as possible, wash and dry them inside out. Doing this will also keep black jeans from developing those ugly light streaks (the things I learned in all my years in retail! ).

Ooh, the inside-out thing I didn't know. But it makes sense. Thanks!
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3

A little rant...
    Encouraged by your positive words about the Levis Bold Curve I went to the nearest store to try them on... I found about 10 different pairs of Levis sized 24/34 (waist/length), but not a single pair of 31 (waist). Yes, I know, 31 isn't exactly slim, but is it really THAT big that I am not able to find a single pair of jeans -.- ? Are there really more women fitting into 24/34 jeans and if so, is it realistic that they need jeans named "bold curve"?

Quote Originally Posted by Susan View Post
    Yes, I know, 31 isn't exactly slim, but is it really THAT big that I am not able to find a single pair of jeans -.- ? Are there really more women fitting into 24/34 jeans and if so, is it realistic that they need jeans named "bold curve"?
    I'm guessing it's quite the opposite, that 31 is the more popular size, which they've sold out of.
    '02 Eddy Merckx Fuga, Selle An Atomica
    '85 Eddy Merckx Professional, Selle An Atomica

'10 Soma Double Cross DC, Selle An Atomica

Slacker on wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by Susan View Post
    A little rant...
    Encouraged by your positive words about the Levis Bold Curve I went to the nearest store to try them on... I found about 10 different pairs of Levis sized 24/34 (waist/length), but not a single pair of 31 (waist). Yes, I know, 31 isn't exactly slim, but is it really THAT big that I am not able to find a single pair of jeans -.- ? Are there really more women fitting into 24/34 jeans and if so, is it realistic that they need jeans named "bold curve"?
    I don't think the Curve ID jeans are in stores, either...I only see them at Levis.com and maybe one other retailer. The Curvy jeans are all over, though, just not in waist sizes.

Yeah, it doesn't surprise me that the 31s are sold out. I want another pair of the Bold Curve jeans in black, but the 30s are gone, at least in the shorter inseam. I may suck it up and go for the 32 lengths.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3