Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by GLC1968 View Post
    I have the same problem with the 529's. That, and I couldn't find them short enough (my legs are REALLY short). They are the best that I've found, but still not quite right.

I ordered the bold curve ones in a 28 and a 29 since that's what my measurements said. I couldn't even get the 28's past my thighs and the 29's couldn't get past my ample booty. They definitely LOOKED good when I held them up though - they curved where they should! I have a 31 on the way, but they haven't arrived yet. They should be here soon and I can let you know. For reference, my waist is 27", hips are 37" and thighs are 23.5" (I'm tracking these numbers as I lose weight, so I know these are still current!).
    Wow, sounds like their sizing is WAY off, then. Good to know in advance. I think my hips are closer to 39, thighs are a skosh over 23, never really know where to measure for waist, since I never wear jeans that come up anywhere near my natural waist.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

It's amazing how many of us have this issue---small waist, muscular glutes/thighs. If I had the resources, I'd start a clothing line with sizes catering to athletic females.

Complicating the issue for me is the vanity sizing trend. I'm finding the zero petites are too big in the waist while (at times), too tight in the thighs (and too short in inseams since I'm 5'5"). I am not anorexic-thin and am within the "normal" range of the height/weight charts. Might end up having to shop in Juniors, although most of those jeans are cut way too low for my taste.

Luna Eclipse//Terry B'fly
    Luna Orbit//Sella Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    Bianchi Eros Donna//Terry Falcon
    Seven Alaris//Jett 143
    Terry Isis (Titanium)//Terry B'fly

LL Bean also seems to have relatively small sizes for bottoms. Though they also don't seem to much room for curves - my butt won't fit in any of their pants/shorts unless I'm in a size that the waist is HUGE. I can't speak for thigh room though (by the time I got a pair to pull over my behind, the legs were pretty big on me).

And they're definitely into vanity sizing at Gap, but their Long and Lean (and some of their curvy fit styles) pants seem comfortably stretchy over my chunky legs/butt!

Oh. One more plug. I've had some luck with www.myshape.com - you enter ALL of your measurements and select how you like your clothes to fit, and it comes up with sizes and styles that are flattering. But the clothes aren't cheap.
    Last edited by jessmarimba; 09-22-2010 at 05:29 AM.

Ok, I got my bold curve levi jeans yesterday. Apparently, I'm more of a colossal curve? They are still too big in the waist!!

The 31x30 fit great in the legs and are the perfect length for me, but they are still a tad too loose in the waist. What I meant to do and forgot was measure the waistband of the jeans which actually sits just above my hips. If it's actually a 31, then that would explain why their sizing is so off. Of course these jeans don't go anywhere near my natural waist, so using 'waist' as a measurement is just stupid. They should call it 'belly' or something. Oh, and they do have a hint on their website that if you measure 8" below your natural waist and compare that to their chart, you should be able to order the correct size. That didn't work for me, either. That measurement still put me in a 28 or 29.

Anyway, these are the best fitting jeans I've ever found, and I NEVER wear jeans without a belt anyway, so these will work fine for me. It kills me that even a BOLD curve is not bold enough for my body though!
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    I gave up long ago in finding jeans that
    A) fit me.
    B) don't feel uncomfortably restrictive in places
    and
    C) look good on me.

I switched to leggings and tights and never looked back! Freedom!
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ok, I got my bold curve levi jeans yesterday. Apparently, I'm more of a colossal curve? They are still too big in the waist!!

The 31x30 fit great in the legs and are the perfect length for me, but they are still a tad too loose in the waist. What I meant to do and forgot was measure the waistband of the jeans which actually sits just above my hips. If it's actually a 31, then that would explain why their sizing is so off. Of course these jeans don't go anywhere near my natural waist, so using 'waist' as a measurement is just stupid. They should call it 'belly' or something. Oh, and they do have a hint on their website that if you measure 8" below your natural waist and compare that to their chart, you should be able to order the correct size. That didn't work for me, either. That measurement still put me in a 28 or 29.

Anyway, these are the best fitting jeans I've ever found, and I NEVER wear jeans without a belt anyway, so these will work fine for me. It kills me that even a BOLD curve is not bold enough for my body though!
    I am going to have to get myself a pair at some point. It is frustrating, though, that even the bold curve version may be gappy in the waist. It's bad enough that I really want a 31 inseam jeans, so 30s are a hair short and 32s drag on the ground. I should just have custom jeans made.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3

Quote Originally Posted by Muirenn View Post
    ... I'm a little curious how you are in petite being 5'5''. Are you very long-torsoed? ....
    I'm small-boned, petite frame but not petite in terms of height (does that make sense?). Unless they are cut for wear with heels, petite jeans are floods on me (I refuse to wear heels, particularly those pointy toed, bunion makers). Most of misses' smallest sizes are 25" waist. My waist is smaller. Like GLC, I've resorted to having to wear a belt with jeans and pants, which I don't like.

I'm also like Bleeker---I wear a lot of leggings and "workout" pants (spandex is my friend!).

Seven Alaris//Jett 143

I bet the waist will shrink to fit. If they're not too short, dry them in the dryer.
    '02 Eddy Merckx Fuga, Selle An Atomica
    '85 Eddy Merckx Professional, Selle An Atomica

'10 Soma Double Cross DC, Selle An Atomica

Slacker on wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by Muirenn View Post
    .. Large boned, also a lot of muscle naturally. Some curve and some more athletic build to me. (Curvy tops, straight hips) I always think of myself as small though. My sister is 6 feet and very broad-shouldered compared to me. (Yes, I am broad-shouldered!). And she wears a size twelve shoe. My brothers are 6'1'' and 6'5''. Their shoe sizes are 13 and 15. In my family I'm the runt and feel tiny! After all, I only wear a size 10 shoe. (43 in road shoes). Always hard for me to comprehend that I'm average sized in a lot of measurements, and taller than average in height.

I get jealous of people with your build sometimes. But it is pretty easy to find clothing.

Except women's jeans
    And I always wanted to be taller and larger boned, like a Nordic Princess! Or like Gabrielle Reese or Serena Willams (altho I don't think she's that tall)

Seven Alaris//Jett 143

Quote Originally Posted by Selkie View Post
    And I always wanted to be taller and larger boned, like a Nordic Princess! Or like Gabrielle Reese or Serena Willams (altho I don't think she's that tall)
    Me too! Well, not larger boned...I've got that covered. I wanted to be taller - towering, actually. Eh. Grass is always greener, right?

Me too! Well, not larger boned...I've got that covered. I wanted to be taller - towering, actually. Eh. Grass is always greener, right?
    I don't even care about being taller, but a shorter torso and longer inseam would be cool.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3

Quote Originally Posted by zoom-zoom View Post
    I don't even care about being taller, but a shorter torso and longer inseam would be cool.
    Good point. I just wanted longer legs and arms, actually. I do like having a long torso - it makes my abs look good! So long torso + longer appendages = taller.

Good point. I just wanted longer legs and arms, actually. I do like having a long torso - it makes my abs look good! So long torso + longer appendages = taller.
    Ok, that would work, too. I'm 5'3.5". I'd like to be 5'5", with all of that extra height in my legs. That would make 32" inseam jeans fit me just the way I like, instead of dragging on the ground. 30" inseam jeans always seem to be just a hair shorter than I like, right now.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3

Quote Originally Posted by zoom-zoom View Post
    Ok, that would work, too. I'm 5'3.5". I'd like to be 5'5", with all of that extra height in my legs. That would make 32" inseam jeans fit me just the way I like, instead of dragging on the ground. 30" inseam jeans always seem to be just a hair shorter than I like, right now.
    Awesome! Yeah, I'm 5'4", so I'd like about three inches in my legs to get me to ~ 5'7" (and a 32" inseam as well).

Now...who do we talk to about getting this done?

Heh, look at this model from Interbike. Does that body type look familiar to anyone?
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3