Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Great mountain bike tracks all over NZ

To disable ads, please log-in.

I live in Auckland and most of our tracks are about 1 hour from the central city. Woodhill forest in west Auckland has a lot of single track devoted to moutain biking plus some jumps and obstacles set up - unforunately they now charge people to use it. Rotorua, in the middle of the North Island probably has some of the better tracks, also through forest and these ones you don't have to pay for. Our capital city, Wellington has a strong mountain bike community. More information can be found at http://www.mountainbike.co.nz/

I agree with the Wellington tracks and the strong Welly riding community! Also, another good place in NZ to go is to Naseby, which is in Central Otago in the South Island.

There is another great New Zealand mountain bike site: www.vorb.org.nz that is also a good place to hook up with riders all around the country if you're in NZ.
    www.vorb.org.nz

lol, vorb... home of the "worst dressed cyclist " pages.... ;-)

Irulan
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2
    Pro Mongoose Titanium Singlespeed
    2012 Trek Madone 4.6 Compact SRAM

Yes Apparently, the Worst Dressed Cyclist pages were taken offline earlier this year, but due to popular demand, they're back now..

http://www.vorb.org.nz/modules.php?n...ails&album=167

Oh yeah, and vorb isn't *just* about badly dressed cyclists, there's also some cool riding groups and heaps of helpful people all around the country keen to show people what NZ mountainbiking is all about
    www.vorb.org.nz

As my hometown I am biased but Wellington does rock, lots of tight twisty single track, some of it 5 mins from my work in the centre of town.

Also love Rotorua, a bit more flat thant Wellington which means I can ride more without getting tired.