Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 313738394041

To disable ads, please log-in.

It's officially been a month since I kicked it up a notch and I've done 154 miles since then. I've finally gotten over the 10+ miles per day mark without pain. I am definitely building muscle and gaining weight. Next month, I concentrate on getting that muscle to burn fat.
    2013: Riding a Dolce sport compact for fun and a vintage Jetter with cargo rack for commuting

www.bike-sby.org: A network of concerned cyclists working to make our city more bicycle friendly.

Well today was a shorter ride than I had expected. I wanted to do close to 8 miles, but I encountered a massive hill that I wasn't expecting and it just took all I had to get up it. I finished the loop, which ended up being 3.48 miles, so I didn't feel too bad. I didn't meet my goal of at least 4 miles a day though. However, I'm dealing with some knee pain ( I think directly related to that awful climb) so it was probably better not to do the 8 miles. Hopefully I can get that in tomorrow if my knee isn't bothering me. We shall see!

I live in flat land, and even a small bridge kills me. I think that's a genuine achievement, Munch, and I wouldn't worry about miles. Take care of that knee. Even though I've slowly worked my way up to doing quite a few miles, I think any real hill would knock me down.
    2013 Kirk Frameworks JK Special/Selle Anatomica
    2012 Gunnar Sport/Brooks B17
    2001 Calfee Tetra Pro/Selle Anatomica
    1984 Raleigh Sport/Brooks B66

Munch you are doing well. Like Murie, I can't handle hills because I live in a flat area. Often, I just walk them because I already have joint weaknesses I deal with. Keep up the good work and miles!
    2013: Riding a Dolce sport compact for fun and a vintage Jetter with cargo rack for commuting

www.bike-sby.org: A network of concerned cyclists working to make our city more bicycle friendly.

Smile

I have bought the Trek 7500 WSD for my lovely comfortable easy ride. I am very excited! I get my new bike anyday!!! Thanks for your support. What accessories do you use that are helpful? I would love to hear from you.

Quote Originally Posted by hebe View Post
    wow Nessa, the views from that bridge must be amazing! That sounds like a great ride.

I'm feeling very proud after my lesson, not least because I did everything in the wind and rain and got home more than a little damp. I did roundabout practice, then rode along the route that I use to take my daughter to soft play - it's up a hill and along quite a busy road on an industrial estate - lots of drives and carparks and lorries. No cycle lanes for most of it. Anyway, I was very proud of myself, as was my instructor. Then on the way back we stopped so that I could learn how to set off and stop without having my bum on the saddle. This always looked so easy but took a few goes! I need to get the hang of this or else drop the saddle, and I'd rather not drop the saddle.

Anyway. Next lesson in a fortnight to give me some time to practise. I'm going to drive to a nearby town and hire a bike and trailer for the towpath to see how I get on with dd in a trailer. My instructor is sure it would work for me so I'm going to swallow my reservations and give it a go.

How's everyone else doing?
    What is your bike make and model number? Your photo shows a beautiful bike! I hope your having great fun!

Thanks Jaynee! Enjoy your new bike Will you share some pictures once you have it set up, please?

The bike in the picture is my 2012 Specialized Vita Elite. It has completely changed riding for me, so easy to ride and confidence-inspiring. Accessory-wise I swapped out the saddle for Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow, and added fenders, rack and a Detours Fremont pannier.
    Dawes Cambridge Mixte, Specialized Hardrock, Specialized Vita.

mixedbabygreens My blog, which really isn't all about the bike.

Smile Thank you so much, best wishes with new bike.

Quote Originally Posted by hebe View Post
    Thanks Jaynee! Enjoy your new bike Will you share some pictures once you have it set up, please?

The bike in the picture is my 2012 Specialized Vita Elite. It has completely changed riding for me, so easy to ride and confidence-inspiring. Accessory-wise I swapped out the saddle for Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow, and added fenders, rack and a Detours Fremont pannier.
    Hello Hebe,

Your bike sounds like a best friend. I hope mine will be also. I will,happily share some photos of it. Still waiting for it to come in from the warehouse. Got the last one from the Trek Wisconsin warehouse. Just can't wait to get it. Your accessories sound good. I want a back pannier also and have a easy rack bought to snap different ones on and off. Have a front basket also, I expect I may need this, however I will see. It is such a treat to look forward to. Enjoy your ride! Thanks for your kind response.