Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

I lost a little more then three pounds last week!! I was up a pound from the week before when I indulged a little too much in Oktoberfest beer, brats, and fried pastry.

Great way to start off a new week!!!

Shannon
    Starbucks.. did someone say Starbucks?!?!
    http://www.cincylights.com

Quote Originally Posted by stella2 View Post
    I just go out practicing with my partner and I push myself a little more out of my comfort zone each time. I do Bikeability level one (apparantly all about control and riding around cones) on 28th.
    Is it today, Stella? Good luck!
    Dawes Cambridge Mixte, Specialized Hardrock, Specialized Vita.

mixedbabygreens My blog, which really isn't all about the bike.

Thanks for remembering Hebe. I put it back because I didn't feel ready to get enough out of it for it to be worthwhile and I was finding pushing too quickly was taking the pleasure out of taking my bike out. I haven't ridden as much as I'd hoped over the past few weeks because I have had a problem with my hip. I seem to be entering a creaky stage in life!

Anyway, there is no rush to all of this for me. If the recent torrential rain holds off and the hip holds out, I will go for a ride after work today

You are very wise, the important thing is having fun and riding safely, not necessarily passing the exams.

It is miserable here too. I was going to go off-road while my daughter is in creche but it's going to be muddy and slippy after the rain so I think that's off.

Well done on losing 3lbs Roadtrip - do you train most days as well as riding outside? That's a brilliant loss in a week.

I have just Been And Done It - the bridleway that I found. I couldn't make it up a couple of the hills so had to walk them but oh boy did I love riding down the other side, braking all the way and a face somewhere between and I did some cyclepath riding the other side of the trail too and got into 3rd gear on the big wheels for the first time ever. It was also the first outing ever for my padded cycling boxers - will see tomorrow how well they worked!

yeeeeha! Can't wait to do it again

I'm trying to get on the bike three to four times a week (haven't been out since Saturday tho), but not feeling well Sunday so just did a small ride working on hills/climbing, tho in heinsight I perhaps should have listened... back and calves have been barking at me since.

Weatherman states my plan is to get out for a long ride tomorrow after work. Off day Thursday (Rain), another ride Friday, off day Saturday (Rain), and if I'm feeling up to it I'd like to do at least 10 miles on Sunday... I'm also walking with a group here at work to get extra steps in.

Gotta set some goals sometime

Shannon

I thought I'd report in.. last week I had a pretty productive week!!

9-25 : First ever experience in a trail ride; 6 miles
    9-28 : Trail Ride; 4 miles
    9-30 : Trail Ride; 4 miles
    10-01 : Trail Ride; 4 miles
    10-03 : First ever road ride, which involved riding up the monster hill next to my house to the grocery store. About a mile or so. Later in the day ventured around the neighborhood on the bike, including a DECEPTIVE slow grinding hill that killed my legs and lungs. 2-3 miles in total, but with the hills, feels like MUCH more.

"Grocery" Hill

The official weigh in for our work weight loss challenge is tomorrow, but my own weigh in at home showed lost 2-3 pounds and I'm now the lowest weight I've been in over five years!! I'm down 10 pounds since I started riding about eight weeks ago.

Shannon

Excellent! Congratulations on the first ever road road and also on your weight loss

I didn't get to ride today, the forecast was awful so I put dd in creche for an hour and went to the gym. Except of course the forecast rain didn't materialise so I could have saved a couple of pounds and gone for a good long ride.

Stella, how are you and your beautiful Pashley doing?

Quote Originally Posted by hebe View Post
    Well done on losing 3lbs Roadtrip - do you train most days as well as riding outside? That's a brilliant loss in a week.

I have just Been And Done It - the bridleway that I found. I couldn't make it up a couple of the hills so had to walk them but oh boy did I love riding down the other side, braking all the way and a face somewhere between and I did some cyclepath riding the other side of the trail too and got into 3rd gear on the big wheels for the first time ever. It was also the first outing ever for my padded cycling boxers - will see tomorrow how well they worked!

yeeeeha! Can't wait to do it again
    Hebe,

Don't know how I missed this post but congratulations on your ride on your newfound bridleway! Sounds like you had a ball and it has pumped you up with enthusiasm.
    Bike Writer

http://pedaltohealth.blogspot.com/

Schwinn Gateway unknown year
    Specalized Expedition Sport Low-Entry 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Roadtrip View Post
    I thought I'd report in.. last week I had a pretty productive week!!

9-25 : First ever experience in a trail ride; 6 miles
    9-28 : Trail Ride; 4 miles
    9-30 : Trail Ride; 4 miles
    10-01 : Trail Ride; 4 miles
    10-03 : First ever road ride, which involved riding up the monster hill next to my house to the grocery store. About a mile or so. Later in the day ventured around the neighborhood on the bike, including a DECEPTIVE slow grinding hill that killed my legs and lungs. 2-3 miles in total, but with the hills, feels like MUCH more.

"Grocery" Hill

The official weigh in for our work weight loss challenge is tomorrow, but my own weigh in at home showed lost 2-3 pounds and I'm now the lowest weight I've been in over five years!! I'm down 10 pounds since I started riding about eight weeks ago.

Shannon
    Thanks for turning me to the site of mapmyfitness. It looks far superior to what I was using!
    Bike Writer

Morris Cty, NJ and the Beautiful Jersey Shore
    I've been reading all your successes for the last week or so. I had a "woo hoo moment" on Saturday.

I did a charity ride with some of the family in Hazleton, PA. They tell me Hazleton has the highest elevation of any town in PA. We started at the top, but of course what goes down must come back up.

There was a 50k and a 100k. I was trying out my new road bike with a compact double and a little nervous about being able to spin up some of these hills (one was brutal) so I opted to do the 50k (about 31 miles).

Anyway, besides taking the hills like a trooper, I passed two guys. I knew they did the 100k so I didn't think anything of it - after all - they went a lot further than me and should me more tired. So when I passed I made a little light conversation. The guy immediately went on the defensive about how he hasn't done any training since the such-a-such ride. Puulllease! Don't be such a dweeb!

So, I kicked it up a notch and went straight uphill for 9 miles and put more and more distance between us. He never saw me again. Certainly helped build up the old confidence on the new bike.

Now, if I just get those clipless next year...imagine...
    Look Back...Look Ahead...Live Now!

2010 Cannondale Synapse 5 Carbon-fiber road w/ a dbl
    2007 Trek 7.3 hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by nikkoblu2 View Post

anyway, besides taking the hills like a trooper, i passed two guys. I knew they did the 100k so i didn't think anything of it - after all - they went a lot further than me and should me more tired. So when i passed i made a little light conversation. The guy immediately went on the defensive about how he hasn't done any training since the such-a-such ride. Puulllease! Don't be such a dweeb!

So, i kicked it up a notch and went straight uphill for 9 miles and put more and more distance between us. He never saw me again. Certainly helped build up the old confidence on the new bike.

Now, if i just get those clipless next year...imagine...
    priceless!!!!!!
    Bike Writer

I had an amazing week,I'm sorry if this post is long winded but here goes. I'm recovering from an overuse injury to my achillies tendon that I've had since March. Typical newbie, I did 6 months of overtraining that eventally landed me off my bike and in a walking cast in May. Finally my doctor did a plasma injection in August. September 1 I started riding my bike again under strict guidelines ,no big chainring ,under 5 miles,no hills ,clipless,cadence under 80. I'm so happy I'm riding again I will do anything. I'm riding 3 to 4 days a week and loving it. I saw my doctor on Friday and the ultrasound on my tendon showed its healing perfectly. Typing that makes me smile. So on Saturday I went for a ten mile ride and my tendon feels fine. Typing that makes me smile even more.
    I like bikes, sometimes more than my husband

Had the "official" weigh-in this morning.. lost another three pounds.. down 5.7 pounds in three weeks.

Shannon

Congratulations Jelee and Road Trip!