Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Utah here I come

To disable ads, please log-in.

My husband and I are leaving in a week for a cycling trip to Utah for our honeymoon. I have done Zion to the north rim of the Grand Canyon and back - but this trip will be Zion to Bryce and then on to Canyonlands. Not sure what to expect weather wise but am so excited to come back to my favorite state ever. Will let you know.

debi
    "Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet - only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired and success achieved" - Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by Gowest View Post
    My husband and I are leaving in a week for a cycling trip to Utah for our honeymoon. I have done Zion to the north rim of the Grand Canyon and back - but this trip will be Zion to Bryce and then on to Canyonlands. Not sure what to expect weather wise but am so excited to come back to my favorite state ever. Will let you know.

debi
    That sounds like so much fun! We took a southwest trip in 2006 and did lots of hiking in all the parks you mention (no cycling, tho). That part of the country is simply breathtaking. Enjoy!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Awesome! I live in the northern part of the state, and you are probably looking at temp's in the mid-80's this time of year in Zion. Have a great time!

Quote Originally Posted by Gowest View Post

debi
    Wow!!! Congrats on the honeymoon and the trip sounds amazing!!! My BF did those areas last summer, and we were supposed to do some of that this summer but I finally sold my house and had to cut our trip short and get home so I could move. Have a blast!!!
    For 3 days, I get to part of a thousand other journeys.

I agree with greenbeanvw (waves hi!), but past performance is no guarantee of future returns, your individual results may vary!

Probably temps in the 80s, but anything can happen!
    Each day is a gift, that's why it is called the present.

We're back!

We returned from Utah and had a spectacular trip. the company we went with was superb - the owner acutally goes on each trip - which was nice. I was the only woman!

We started in Zion, went to Bryce, up to Escalante and finished at Lake Powell - there was a lot of road construction in Zion and Bryce - but after that it was fine. Weather was unusally warm - which was great. We had one day near Torrey of iffy weather but skirted the worst of the storms. Unfortunately two days later we found out that the storm washed out our access to the Burr Trail - so we were unable to ride that.

On the way back to Springdale we came upon over 300 sheep in the road being herded - there were a few all black ones in there - it was so nifty to see. They were being herded by dogs and a cowboy.

I highly recommend the tour company we went with - if you are interested in detail please send me a private message. This company specializes in cycling trips out west - california, arizona, washington, oregon, montana to name a few. I have been with 3 different companies now and each one had their strong points.

I have always felt Utah is the most beautiful state in the US and I still do! Maybe when I retire I can spend more time there.
    "Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet - only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired and success achieved" - Helen Keller