Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Surly Stuff for the New Year

To disable ads, please log-in.

Looky looky! http://surlybikes.com/blog/2386/

A trailer, with a nice mounting system. (my trailer mounts to one end of the axle, and I really like the idea of mounting on each end; plus it looks like the hitch functions as a monster-sturdy rack at the same time)

Cheaper Big Dummy. But no more swoopy top tube, and some folks might miss the more $$ bits and pieces.

PUGSLY COMPLETE! Yeah, baby!

And so much more! Take a look, all you Surly Gurlz!
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

It will haul 300 pounds of stuff?!
    Each day is a gift, that's why it is called the present.

The Surly Big Dummy is rated for 400 lbs.

The trailer is rated for less, but that doesn't include the rider's weight (like the Big Dummy does).

On my bike and with that trailer, I could haul 300 lbs of stuff. On a Big Dummy I could only haul 200 lbs of stuff, because I would have to include my body weight in the total.

My current trailer is rated much lower (100lbs) mainly because it has a plastic panel floor with only one metal crossmember (at the the axle). I could always beef it up if I wanted, but honestly I don't see myself going over the 100 lb. limit.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

I love the new Cross Check color. I'm still glad I went with black, but that blue would be so nice with some red bits and pieces. I also kind of want a Troll just to even out our stable of Surlys. I need a winter commuter but I don't think this is the price we had in mind
    2009 Surly Cross Check
    2003 Cannondale Bad Boy
    Motobecane Nobly (60's or 70's)