Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

I passed a girl! (lol, kinda sounds like a song title, eh?)

To disable ads, please log-in.

Ok, this may sound stupid, but I had the most thrilling moment of my 2 month cycling career! I actually passed someone and I pedaled like heck to make sure that she didn't catch up and pass ME! YAY! Am I sick to be this happy?

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    I think I remember my first breakthrough in cycling was: cycling over 30 kms. without hurting.

And using all my gears properly.

I can't even remember who I first passed on bike on a ride. Maybe I was in a daze unlike you.

So long ago..
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

Excellent! I am happy to pass a pedestrian, for the moment.

Perfectly normal. Whatever it takes to give you thrills about riding the bike. I do happy dances everytime my average speed increases. Even if its an increase from 23km/h to 24km/h. Celebrate your achievement and look forward to more!!!!! =D

nope!

I remember several "milestone" passes:

first I remember when I could climb and not feel like "pass"-ing out
    then I passed a girl
    then I passed a guy
    then I passed a guy on a climb
    then I passed a guy who shaved his legs....... and that was sweet
    last month I passed a guy on a unicycle (no kidding he was riding a metric century on one)

I have yet to pass a tandem on a downhill and hope to never achieve that either!

Whatever floats your boat and keeps you happy and gracious to everyone on the road - we are all cyclists.
    "Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet - only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired and success achieved" - Helen Keller

Woohoo!! Awesome!

Though I'll admit that I first read your title in the spirit of "I passed a kidney stone" and thought - wow, that's a funny way to announce giving birth!

Congratulations! I love these milestones, and I love even more than we can share them here.

I remember rejoicing over being able to use one hand for any purpose -- nose-wiping, for example, without wobbling.

Quote Originally Posted by Gowest View Post
    I remember several "milestone" passes:

first I remember when I could climb and not feel like "pass"-ing out
    then I passed a girl
    then I passed a guy
    then I passed a guy on a climb
    then I passed a guy who shaved his legs....... and that was sweet
    last month I passed a guy on a unicycle (no kidding he was riding a metric century on one)

I have yet to pass a tandem on a downhill and hope to never achieve that either!

Whatever floats your boat and keeps you happy and gracious to everyone on the road - we are all cyclists.
    Love it!

I've just started passing guys on occasion and it is extra fun. Never passed a leg shaving guy (or a unicyclist lol) though. That would be an accomplishment for sure!

I love the thrill of passing people, too...winning the race they didn't know we were in lol. Of course every time I get too excited I get passed by someone twice my age. And I'm 40 lol.

I got passed by a 20-something girl running up a slight incline once. I laughed and then just cheered her on. She was training for something big. Obviously. Because, you know, she wouldn't have been able to pass me otherwise. Right?

Ha!

Roxy
    Getting in touch with my inner try-athlete.

awsome whatever it takes! Sometimes I lucky if I pass anyone. Let anything you want be an acomplishment !

Roxy, DH and i once got dropped by a roller blader going up a 4 mile climb that is very popular for cyclists who are doing hill repeats. I mean, I could see him passing me, but when he passed DH, I was in awe. And this guy was at least my age.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

My joke is that I get passed by women pushing baby strollers! Literally...well almost.

Awesome! :-)

It's very rare I pass anyone on my little hybrid. Most of the time people pass me. One guy passed me on a road bike and said, "Lookin' good mama!" I wasn't sure if I should take that as a compliment or an insult. I took it as encouragement. I'll take whatever I can get at this point.

I've been passed by a little old lady jogger on an incline. I have bad knees that don't do hills so I forgave myself after I got over the shame lol.

I thought of this thread today when I got passed by a guy but then I chased him and stuck to his butt for 3 miles. Finally I gave up chasing him so I could breathe. It required using one gear higher than I've ever used so I was proud of myself for keeping up as long as I did.

Quote Originally Posted by jessmarimba View Post
    Woohoo!! Awesome!

Though I'll admit that I first read your title in the spirit of "I passed a kidney stone" and thought - wow, that's a funny way to announce giving birth!
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Dannielle View Post
    I've been passed by a little old lady jogger on an incline. I have bad knees that don't do hills so I forgave myself after I got over the shame lol.

I thought of this thread today when I got passed by a guy but then I chased him and stuck to his butt for 3 miles. Finally I gave up chasing him so I could breathe. It required using one gear higher than I've ever used so I was proud of myself for keeping up as long as I did.
    Fantastic! Good Job!

I'll glad everyone enjoys it as much as I did!

My next milestone will be to pass a guy!