Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Removing stickers placed on your bike

To disable ads, please log-in.

I placed some stickers on my university commute bike to cheapen it up a bit but now want to remove them. It'd be a good cheap frame for someone.

(I'm converting my old mtn bike to a singlespeed )

So, my question is..what's the best way to remove the stickers?

Ta
    C

I have heard that a blow dryer works well. You could also try Googone on a safe spot to make sure it doesn't bother the paint. I use that stuff alot.

Another vote for Goo Gone and a plastic putty knife.

I just built up a single speed, and I love it! It's definitely making me stronger and better at reading terrain.

I peeled off the stickers that came on the bike (like the LBS sticker)

For the residue, I used Park Tool CB2. Mechanic at LBS across the street from my workplace also says nailpolish remover works... (that scares me!)

Rubbing alcohol and a washcloth should work, it won't run the risk of paint damage like nail polish remover.

I have used GooGone to remove the type of stickers with paper layer on top of the adhesive layer. For those, it works really, really well. Just soak the sticker directly with the GooGone and wait a few minutes. The sticker should just lift off.

Back in college I worked at the campus bookstore and when we stickered the price of the textbook on the cover. At the end of the quarter any unsold books had to be returned and we usually spent a good part of a week removing stickers. Any damage to the book meant we couldn't return it so the GooGone was really nice as it completely removed any sticky reside without any damage.

The lemon smell of the stuff is nice at first, but by day two the smell horrible, but as a collage student I was just happy to have a job!!
    Starbucks.. did someone say Starbucks?!?!
    http://www.cincylights.com

?

Goo gone??? Is that something you find at a bike shop or a craft shop??? I've never heard of it....

Just about every grocery store, drug store, and hardware store in the US carries Goo Gone. It's a citrus-based adhesive and gunk remover. I'll bet that there's something similar down your way...

There's an ebay.com.au source for Goo Gone if stores don't carry it.
    Each day is a gift, that's why it is called the present.