Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

You Know You Are Not a Girlie Girl When...

To disable ads, please log-in.

In the last month I have really been improving, which means I am trying more things and had a few wrecks by missing the first try or forgetting all the basics I know. Mostly just the silly wrecks where your bar catches a tree or you might topple over when climbing. None have been that bad of wrecks but I bruise easily so right now my legs are in various stages of bruising with purple, green, red, etc... I also endoed last week and scraped my knee pretty bad although the scabbing looks worse than the injury actually was! I totally had no problem wearing a skirt to work and shorts in public. I love being mountain biker and I don't care about my legs showing my battle wounds!
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

That's funny! Showing off your battle scars. I just picked up my Giant Rincon and went for my first ride Thursday with a guy at work. I'm 47 and he's 50, but his bike was about a 20 year old mountain bike that had never seen a trail. His hands were numb within the first 5 minutes and he was red-faced and frustrated by the time we were done. I, on the other hand, couldn't get the grin off my face. I felt like a kid again rolling over rocks and kicking up the dirt. This sport is a blast. Should be able to go again on Monday

Awesome, Aggie!

I think I'm going to get a little stick figure mountain bike tattoo going over the top of my surgical scar (from the wreck that broke my back) - I hope that will explain it easier!

I'm proud of my battle scars too - no broken backs or anything, knock on wood - but I love the idea of a tattoo A few months ago, I finally (after riding for only 3 years) realized why I love riding so much - it reminds me of riding a horse when I was a kid - except much better because I'm in control!

I bruise easily. My legs typically look like I've been in a car accident.
    Last edited by snowroo; 09-10-2010 at 05:38 PM.

My legs are often all bruised up too and I'm not shy about it ... I still wear skirts and shorts too and no one has ever said anything. Many know that biking is my passion ... So I assume they're assuming it's from biking.

no girlie girl here either. i have pedal marks on my achilles, a huge scar on one shin and now last night have a puncture wound in the other shin from the one pedal going into it. i have been road riding more than mountain biking and thought i liked it better because i wasn't falling...until i switched to clip pedals and toppled right over after getting stuck between gears on a hill. elbow scrape and knee scrape. i agree, it shows what we're all made of and i'm not affraid to get out there and take a chance or two in the name of a good work out!
    Gary Fisher is the other man in my life!