Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

My bike exploded

To disable ads, please log-in.

Sunday I did this ridiculous 70 mile ride up N14, down 344, up heartbreak hill, out to Stanley, through Galisteo, Madrid, and back to 344.

So what if you don't know where that is. Excuse the sarcasm.

My internet order, poorly fitted, Tiagra shod, oval wheeled, frozen bearing crank brothers pedal, scratched bike with 3 patches on the front tube heaved it's last creaking breath at the end. So much is wrong, it's not worth fixing. In fact, it's going to become yard art.

Those about me are chanting Custom-Ultegra-Mavic-San Marco-in unison

I rode a Kona Honky Tonk in the right size today, $800 out the door, fits like a glove. Nothing pops up when I search the forum for this bike. Anybody had one? Really, you guys, going downhill at 35 mph, nobody can really tell what I'm riding. Hell, I don't even know what I'm riding at that speed.
    Lookit, grasshopper....

Talking

I know barely nothing about bikes, but I'm sad that your bike exploded but HAPPY that you have a new bike. I hope you have many hundreds of happy miles!

I don't know the Honky Tonk but I have an ancient Kona Cinder Cone that I LOVE, is a great ride and some of the original components are still on it, they're that good.

Enjoy your magnificent new bike!
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett

I don't know anything about the Honky Tonk (steel?), but Kona makes really nice bikes with nice specs for the money. If it fits, go for it!

DH is rocking a Kona Kapu frame that he built up, and can't stop talking about how much he loves that bike

It's frivolous, but I love the downtube shifters on that bike.

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    You are in ABQ. Head over to Santa Fe and get fitted for a Luna. Really.

Those Kona Honky Tonks are sex-ay bikes. I saw one chained to a bike rack a few months ago, and I stood there just gazing at it with wild lust for a good minute.

I've loved both my Konas (Dew and Smoke).

The price is good, and if it fits you as well as you say.... get it!

(I'd be proud to ride one! Great bike! Too bad I have too many bikes already.)
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson