Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Gary Fisher Waubesa

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'm thinking about replacing my Trek 7.3fx with this. I love the idea of no derailleur for commuting and those dusty dusty Katy Trail rides! I keep my Surly off of that trail because it is a nightmare to clean that dust out. Anyone know how the internal hub will affect weight? Any experience with the hubs? I had one on my downtube, but didn't keep it long enough to really form an opinion on it.
    Claudia

2009 Trek 7.6fx
    2013 Jamis Satellite
    2014 Terry Burlington

I have no idea about the hub question just to say that it looks like a nice bike and heck yes the Katy trail is dusty! I just moved to columbia and am on the Katy/MKT and it is dussssty.

I am not used to the hills yet. The trail is not bad at all, but the roads getting there and BACK especially are HORRENDOUS. If you can do that on a fixie, more power to you! You are my hero!

If it feels good, do it!
    That's not a bad price. Gary Fisher seems to be branching out, my LBS has a nice step thru from them.

Oh, yeah. That hub will add a bit of weight. I don't own one but I've hefted a few.
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

I have an internal 8 on my GLobe...its fun and really low maintenance.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by colorisnt View Post
    I have no idea about the hub question just to say that it looks like a nice bike and heck yes the Katy trail is dusty! I just moved to columbia and am on the Katy/MKT and it is dussssty.

I am not used to the hills yet. The trail is not bad at all, but the roads getting there and BACK especially are HORRENDOUS. If you can do that on a fixie, more power to you! You are my hero!
    Well, it's actually not a fixie. The internal hub has 8 gears. I agree about that Columbia access. It's fine going TO the trail. Coming back is the problem. I rode the Pedlar's Jamboree last year with a friend. 35 miles to Boonville on Sat. and 35 back and the final part? Going up the MKT access to Columbia. It was the first time my friend had ridden more than 10 miles and that last long uphill was miserable for her!
    Claudia

2009 Trek 7.6fx
    2013 Jamis Satellite
    2014 Terry Burlington