Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

How i would love to visit Australia!

To disable ads, please log-in.

My ex g/f is up near Melbourne--and from all her stories and pix--MY! Yours is a country I would absolutely love to come and see. Were I able to do it--I'd ride from Sydney to Melbourne and grab a plane and go and see Kakadu National Park. Only a dream--but-Hey! It might happen!

It is a beautiful country but hey Im just a little biased.

If any of you girls decide to visit the sunburnt country let me know and I may be able to give you some destination tips.

Hope you make it there one day.

ozzie

Hey there,

Biking in ozzie is great..Whether you're nuts and decide to bike from perth to melbourne(it's something that should be done in the winter)..or like the gent i met the other day..all around ozzie...

We can;t wait, we're driving to melbourne for christmas to visit friends...the best thing is we get to try the mtn biking scene out in victoria...!!!!

c

[QUOTE=crazycanuck]Hey there,

Biking in ozzie is great..Whether you're nuts and decide to bike from perth to melbourne(it's something that should be done in the winter)..or like the gent i met the other day..all around ozzie...

Hey crazycanuck you are living in my home state. How do you like Perth?

I must add that I have not lived there for 18 years but my family still live in WA. Before moving to the USA for a couple of years with my husbands job we lived on the South Coast of NSW and made trips to Melbourne quite often.

I love Melbourne - I hope you have a great time with lots of fun rides.

perth

Hey trek

You're almost in my backyard..Ever ridden in Canada?

Perth is cool. The mtn biking here is totally diff to nz of course..I miss big hills, the mtns and mud. When i first rode out at jarrahdale, i'd never seen pea gravel before..nor ridden through it. It's not bad now, after some great rain..

How often do you come back to perth?

c

[QUOTE=crazycanuck]Hey trek
    You're almost in my backyard..Ever ridden in Canada?
    Perth is cool. The mtn biking here is totally diff to nz of course..I miss big hills, the mtns and mud. When i first rode out at jarrahdale, i'd never seen pea gravel before..nor ridden through it. It's not bad now, after some great rain..
    How often do you come back to perth?

Hey crazycanuck - I laughed when you said you miss the mountains, yep definitely none of those in sight in most of WA. Flat and sandy but the beaches are some of the best so I guess it has its upside. Aaahhh mountains yep I sure can understand you missing them. If I had a choice I would always live near some. NZ is beautiful and the South Island mountains take your breath away. Here in the USA we live near the mightly Sierra Nevada so I am lucky to be getting my dose of mountain air at the moment.

Im afraid I dont get back to Perth as often as I would like. I think its been about 5 years since I was there last. I hope to get back over there for a visit when we leave the states in a few years time.

Enjoy your more horizontal rides and let me know what you have been up to I love to hear a good story from home.

PS - I have never ridden in Canada (only took up riding a couple of months ago) but I have visited there a few years back. It is a wonderful country and so beautiful. I feel a tad jealous that you list two of my favourite places as your home. Canada and NZ could there be any prettier or friendlier places.