Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Getting Back that Lovin Feeling?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Did an 8 mile ride today...the first ride in I'm embarassed to say how long---on one of my favorite routes, along the Columbia River...The Aurora's new config, since the bike fit, is wonderful...I can alternate letting my weight rest on my feet, my tush, my hands ..or all 3....and I felt my sitbones which tells me all is well for a first ride in (see above)...

But...but....the thrill was muffled.....I wasn't all bike psyched....I could've gone longer but Mr elk has a knee energy and we didn't want to push it.

I was a little...dare I say...unconnected....Can this marriage be saved?????
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

I usually think people should take it easy when they're coming back, to ride for fun, and keep it light, see the scenery, but it sounds like you're already doing that. Soooo, maybe you need to push it a little, get your heart-rate up and really get the blood pumping?
    '02 Eddy Merckx Fuga, Selle An Atomica
    '85 Eddy Merckx Professional, Selle An Atomica

'10 Soma Double Cross DC, Selle An Atomica

Slacker on wheels.

Might take some time to get your joy back. Go for smiles, not miles. I must admit, those four-pawed, sweet faced "distractions" are hard to resist (spoken from someone with three four-pawed loves!).

I'm glad to see you back, Elk.

Luna Eclipse//Terry B'fly
    Luna Orbit//Sella Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    Bianchi Eros Donna//Terry Falcon
    Seven Alaris//Jett 143
    Terry Isis (Titanium)//Terry B'fly

Quote Originally Posted by Selkie View Post
    Might take some time to get your joy back. Go for smiles, not miles. I must admit, those four-pawed, sweet faced "distractions" are hard to resist (spoken from someone with three four-pawed loves!).

I'm glad to see you back, Elk.
    Good point, Selkie.....Maybe I have to just be more" Zen" and let myself feel the roll again....it'll come...
    ;-)
    Discipline is remembering what you want.